Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: billet cover

phebus
    Does anyone know if a biilet cover is made that replaces the plastic cover on a 496 HO motor? (the top cover on the engine with the labels)

phuggit
    I asked the same question about a year ago. Someone told me Wizard in Havazoo made one, but it was around $700.00. I sent Wizard an email, but they didn't reply. I spoke to their rep at the LA Boat Show and he told me they made one or two, but the cost was to high and there wasn't a large enough market to justify the cost of fabrication.
    Whipple Industries makes a cool polished stainless cover. Don't know what the cost is but check out their web site for some pics.

phebus
    Originally posted by phuggit
    Whipple Industries makes a cool polished stainless cover. Don't know what the cost is but check out their web site for some pics.
    Found the listing: Stainless Engine Cover Kit $ 395.00, but couldn't find a picture. If anyone has one, or a picture of one and could post it, I would appreciate it.

phebus
    Wow, I saw that and didn't realize it was the cover. It looks like a housing of some kind. I like it, but I wonder if it raises the heigth over the stock cover. Does anyone run one? I am going to call them tomorrow for info. Thanks

dr. margarita
    Sit tight!! There's one just around the corner that is currently being developed. It's in the prototype stage and will be available to the public by mid-summer. The price point will be such that everyone can afford it. My attorney is currently researching patents and copyrights! I'll post a picture once design protection is in place!

phebus
    Thanks, I'll wait and see. I would think that if the price was right, the demand would be high. It would be nice to dress up the stock engine with some billet. People spend a fortune on Billet battery holders, and they sit down in the bilge. This would sit right on top for everyone to see. Hurry up!

phebus
    Will it raise the stock heigth?

Dr. Eagle
    That looks pretty cool. Now all I need is to get myself another boat with a big block.......
    I really do like that.... it looks hella sharp.

dr. margarita
    Originally posted by phebus
    Will it raise the stock heigth?
    The current prototype is actually lower than stock by 1/2" with all essential clearances.
    No need to get a big block...Our next effort will focus on all other Mercruiser packages. Probably concentrating on the 6.2 next.
    Our philosophy is that you shouldn't have to spend a fortune on a motor package to have it look great when you raise the hatch!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast