Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spring Heatwave

Kachina26
    Well, I had a great time. I got to meet lots of new people as well as finally meet some off of the boards. Sat and talked with Chris Winn Sunday morning, he's a hell of a nice guy. Too bad about all the heat he took awhile back. Got to hook up with Shadow for a little bit during our lunch break in the channel. I kept missing Jackpunx, we were always heading different directions.
    The day started off a little rough, when I got off of the water Friday we saw signs saying that London Bridge road would be closed on Sat morning from 6-10am for the triathelon. My boat is stored on that street, and there was no clear indication if the entrance to Windsor would be blocked as well. So I got up at 4:30 picked up the boat drove to the Windsor lot and finished sleeping there. Other than that, it was an awesome day, the wind laid down nicely. It was awesome watching all the high dollar boats run, I can't even put into words how sick some of them were. The run got split into 7 different starts, not based on boat speeds like in the past. Didn't make much difference to me as I only run a little over 60 anyway. But some of the fast people like Unleashed were stuck back in group 4. I had boats from group 7 pass me up and go way out of site. I know this was done as a safety issue to keep the pack sizes down, but I think it created some safety concerns. Unfortunately that's how the Coast Guard/ Local LE wanted it. I had a blast running full throttle down the lake with a big group. I was a little disappointed with my hands though, my best was 8s and 10s. Not nearly enough to be in the money. the lowest winning hand was 4Q's with a jack kicker I think. A certain esteemed member of the boards came away with the 2nd best hand. Then his son made off with the kids Grand Prize I managed to make off with a little something for myself, my name was drawn for a Poker Run edition Lifeline vest. How cool is that? I originally was only gonna spectate this run and then join in the Fall Heatwave, I'm glad I didn't wait. Art and Jim announced that this would be the last Heatwave run put on by them. Too bad, they did an awesome job and had a great staff helping them get things done behind the scenes.

Havasubum
    let see some pictures for the people that were not able to make it out

fourspeednup
    Good post Kachina, roln20s and I saw your boat more times than we could count....as well as a bunch of other board members. Unfortunately, that cheapskate hasn't bought his howard yet so we were stuck on the sidelines in his malibu ski boat.
    Sure was fun to watch the big boys fly by! Afterwards we cruised down to the springs to meet up with jackpunx and the eliminated sprinter crew for lunch while I made vroom vroom noises in the passenger seat and pretended we were going 160.

XTRM22
    I'm terrible with names and faces, but I waved alot! We spectated from down past SteamBoat on the AZ side. It's always a pleasure running up on MBrown and crew, I never get tired of seeing the graphics on that bad 26. Tobtek, nice to meet you in person finally, and I think I passed Roln20's on our way down the lake, like I said I'm not good with names or faces. It was a great weekend for boating though.
    Chuck

WILD LAVEY
    this weekend was a blast. i ran with group 7 to the springs. went to the sandbar and hung out with a few peeps from the boards. cant wait to do it again next weekend.

Kachina26
    Originally posted by WILD LAVEY
    this weekend was a blast. i ran with group 7 to the springs. went to the sandbar and hung out with a few peeps from the boards. cant wait to do it again next weekend. Yeah, you actually caught up to me at one point. I was in group 6.

Kachina26
    Originally posted by Havasubum
    let see some pictures for the people that were not able to make it out
    I'm tired, you're gonna have to get by with this for now.
    Gallery (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...stype=&ppuser=)

raff
    We just got home, had a fun time out there.
    This is all I have time for right now..
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ve_060-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ve_042-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ve_086-med.jpg
    Have alot more. just don't have time right now..
    Mark out

jackpunx
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Art & Jim aren't putting on anymore poker runs?
    RD
    I’m not surprised. .. I had a great time .. just like anytime at the river.. but ... I was expecting to see big boats running really fast.. Maybe we were in the wrong spot.. (don’t thinks so) .. but they were not going that fast.. Either way.. Very cool weekend.. got to meet a lot of BBSP's from up north.. got to hang with Elim sprinter, Forspeed,rolln, RD,,passed Kachina a bunch of times.. Rolled up to Topoc for lunch with Unleashed, Tom slick, Skullinator and crew.. Hung with Tobtek and Racer52 and a tons more.. (its hard to remember names)Headed down to Parker on sunday.. what a great weekend..

unleashed
    Those guys work really hard to put on these poker runs. It takes months of planning and you still will run in to hurdles. This year was definitly dissapointing as they had to limit 25 boats at a time but it was a Coast Guard decision for safety. Oh well I still had a good time and appreciate all the hard work that goes into these events. Hopefully someone will be able to take over for these guys as its trully one of the best runs of the year.
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast