Well, I had a great time. I got to meet lots of new people as well as finally meet some off of the boards. Sat and talked with Chris Winn Sunday morning, he's a hell of a nice guy. Too bad about all the heat he took awhile back. Got to hook up with Shadow for a little bit during our lunch break in the channel. I kept missing Jackpunx, we were always heading different directions.
The day started off a little rough, when I got off of the water Friday we saw signs saying that London Bridge road would be closed on Sat morning from 6-10am for the triathelon. My boat is stored on that street, and there was no clear indication if the entrance to Windsor would be blocked as well. So I got up at 4:30 picked up the boat drove to the Windsor lot and finished sleeping there. Other than that, it was an awesome day, the wind laid down nicely. It was awesome watching all the high dollar boats run, I can't even put into words how sick some of them were. The run got split into 7 different starts, not based on boat speeds like in the past. Didn't make much difference to me as I only run a little over 60 anyway. But some of the fast people like Unleashed were stuck back in group 4. I had boats from group 7 pass me up and go way out of site. I know this was done as a safety issue to keep the pack sizes down, but I think it created some safety concerns. Unfortunately that's how the Coast Guard/ Local LE wanted it. I had a blast running full throttle down the lake with a big group. I was a little disappointed with my hands though, my best was 8s and 10s. Not nearly enough to be in the money. the lowest winning hand was 4Q's with a jack kicker I think. A certain esteemed member of the boards came away with the 2nd best hand. Then his son made off with the kids Grand Prize I managed to make off with a little something for myself, my name was drawn for a Poker Run edition Lifeline vest. How cool is that? I originally was only gonna spectate this run and then join in the Fall Heatwave, I'm glad I didn't wait. Art and Jim announced that this would be the last Heatwave run put on by them. Too bad, they did an awesome job and had a great staff helping them get things done behind the scenes.