Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spash? hehe :)

rivercrazy
    Is a Liberator a splash or its own unique creation. The 21' looks like a splash of an Eliminator Daytona to me.

racingrascal
    It is.
    Andy

dcb4life
    The Liberator 21 foot hull is a splash of a the Eliminator 21 daytona. But for the price difference, I'd buy the Liberator. Eliminators are over priced, so if you can get the same hull for a cheaper price, do it.

HammerDown
    Sorry to say I disagree,though a nice boat, when side by side there are difference's at least with the ones I've seen....the sides were wavey,thinner,the seats were so-so,and the Lib. had no stringers.Seems to me it like a Lamborghini kit car or the real deal.However a nice looking boat.What would be the price difference? How about resale value? Would the bottom be an exact copy? Even so there's more to the total package than the bottom...Just my way of thinking.

racingrascal
    Hammerdown I think they are just talking about the bottom, but you are very right. Are you looking for the splash or the real quality deal.
    Andy

HammerDown
    Hey, hope I didnt go overboard with this topic.A friend of mine owns a Lib. very nice looking boat.Would I own one...hell yea.I just dont think your comparing apples to apples! One thing thats nice about the Lib...it has a little more freeboard.

HBjet
    What about Cougars 21' MTR. Those sure look just like the Eliminator 21' Daytona (older model) and the Liberator
    HB"Splash Police"jet

HBjet has done some serious sleuthing!!!!!!!!

HavasuBarney
    Liberator's 21ft began life as a splash, but the tooling has changed substantially over the years. Bottom deck has deeper tunnels, 6" more freeboard.
    Liberators come with, without stringers or even 1/2 stringers. Decks are flat and smooth. Seats are made with all alum frames, no wood.
    Cougar's hull is completely different, is not really close to either Eliminators or Liberator.
    I'll be happy to match up a new Liberator against any of these boats in a quality side by side test.

HBjet
    Originally posted by HavasuBarney:
    Liberator's 21ft began life as a splash, but the tooling has changed substantially over the years. Bottom deck has deeper tunnels, 6" more freeboard.
    Liberators come with, without stringers or even 1/2 stringers. Decks are flat and smooth. Seats are made with all alum frames, no wood.
    Cougar's hull is completely different, is not really close to either Eliminators or Liberator.
    I'll be happy to match up a new Liberator against any of these boats in a quality side by side test.
    HavasuBarney, what I was saying is the Liberator hull which you said began as a splash is like the cougar 21' MTR and older Eliminator 21' Daytona.
    By looking at this picture, it is clear that more freeboard was added and the top modified for the change.
    http://www.havasubarney.com/gallery/...e007.sized.jpg
    The boat on the right, the older boat is just like an Eliminator.
    Like this 21' Daytona.
    http://images.traderonline.com/img/6.../1534781_1.jpg
    http://images.traderonline.com/img/6.../1534781_3.jpg
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited December 27, 2001).]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast