Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My boat hit 100.2 on the DB meter

jackpunx
    So I was at Parker last week and one of the local water cops that I was talking to earlier that day asked me if he could take a look at my exhaust. He said he was not going to write me a ticket just wanted to see what I had so that he could compare it to some of the other boats. I showed him my engine we talked for a min and then I asked him if he had a meter in his boat I wanted to see how loud my boat was.. He hooked it all up and got about 50Â’ behind my boat.. I reved the motor up to 3k rmps.. and it hit 100.2. He told me just to stay under 2k rpm at night and to be careful. I know they can choose to write those tickets any time they want. I think they save it for the idiots that they cant give a BUI to.

OGShocker
    WHAT?

superdave013
    ya know what sucks about that?
    If you would have been in a flatbottom you would have gotten the ticket!!
    If they are gonna target all the v drive guys then the same should apply to you to don't ya think?

79 HUSTLER
    Sounds good like that Mark. Are you planning on making it a lil quieter at the end of this year or say screw it. KELLY

HCS
    I can't believe they hassel people like that. I'd tell them to shove
    it up there ass. If the guy isn't going to write you a ticket he can
    take a hike. You don't need to hear his lecture, tell him get lost!

Dave C
    Q's!
    I thought they administered the test at idle? Do you know what it was then?
    Do you run silencers or just water? what exhaust do you run?
    BTW.. DAMN!

HCS
    Even if he does write you ticket you don't have to listen to his bull
    shit.

jackpunx
    SuperDave,
    I saw a couple of flatties with Loud Pipes.. And some jets too.. IÂ’m not sure if they are looking at any specific types of boats.. When we were talking.. This guy buzzed by in a large cat.. He didnÂ’t slow down for a downed skier.. The cop said he was going to have to have a talk with that guy.. I asked him how loud his boat was compared to mine.. he said that guys was a little louder.. The point is .. at least on that day and time.. (his mood could change).. He probably nailed that guy for pipes just for driving like an idiot.. I think they are going after the bigger boats rather then the v drives at this point.. But I could be wrong.. as far as me getting a ticket because you get one... LOL>. No.. You can have yours.. Fair or not.. IÂ’m sure you feel the same way about mine
    Kelly
    I donÂ’t want to change it.. IÂ’m just going to go where IÂ’m welcome.. That would be AZ.. So far I have not got hassled for anything.. I think we can stay under the radar for a little while longer...

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    WHAT?
    @!#@@!&&%#!! Beat me to it......

jackpunx
    Originally posted by Dave C
    Q's!
    I thought they administered the test at idle? Do you know what it was then?
    Do you run silencers or just water? what exhaust do you run?
    BTW.. DAMN!
    I run an hp500 with stock through transom exhaust and water
    As far as being hassled.. It wasnÂ’t like that.. I was hanging out with a chick that is a 911 dispatcher for the Parker PD. So it was all friendly.. We were just BS'n .. Any chance I can get to make friends with the local LE.. IÂ’m taken it.. It was not always like that for me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast