Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you guys afford these expensive boats??

Boatjob26
    Next year around this time I will be graduating from a 4 year University with a B.A. in Business /Economics with emphasis in Accounting. I've been around boats all my life, my father has owned 3 Lavey Crafts, 3 DCB's. Having an investing background from accounting I just don't understand how so many of the members on here can afford these cats today. I mean even a Mach 26 with a 500EFI is $85,000+! How is it that everytime I go to Havasu I see these young guys, meaning 30-35 years old, driving boats in the 100k to 200k range? Seems like most people are settling into the range of 25Daytona/Mach/F-26's nowadays and these are not cheap! Figure most people put a TCM800 in it and your at 120k, how are you guys doing this? And to add something else, these people towing these boats don't just have ordinary trucks. They have Escalades, Denalis, etc. Seems like the only way I'd purchase an asset like these is if I'm not going to loose my @ss through debt repayment. So tell me the secret!!! Most people must be financing these boats over many many years, which to me is not worth it because it's only a toy. And above all this, at the rate a boat depreciates it seems that one would have to be crazy to fork over the $$ if he truley can't afford it
    Let me know your thoughts
    thanks

Dr. Eagle
    We are all self made millionaires......
    You had to ask?

miller19j
    I have no idea I have an old little boat……… But I like it!

AZmike
    Just get five of your closest friends together and buy a new boat, and the trucks are a lease so sell the lift kit before you return to the dealer...
    Thats the only thing i could come up with, but if there's truly a secret let me know

WILDERTHANU
    Originally posted by Boatjob26
    Most people must be financing these boats over many many years, which to me is not worth it because it's only a toy. And above all this, at the rate a boat depreciates it seems that one would have to be crazy to fork over the $$ if he truley can't afford it
    Let me know your thoughts
    thanks
    IF YOU GOT IT SPEND IT.....130+ IN A 40' SKATER(OR OTHER OFFSHORE RIG) IS QUITE A RUSH, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, I'VE DONE IT. ALTHOUGH ID WAY WAY WAY RATHER GO 100+ IN 1000 FEET IN MY COLE, OR MASH THE PEDAL IN OUR 21' CRUISER (BOTH V-DRIVES), EVEN MORE FUN, AND WAY MORE DRIVING!!! AS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO FINANCE THE **** OUT OF A BIG BOAT JUST FOR PUSSY.....WELL, THATS COOL IF YOU NEED THE BIG BOAT TO GET IT......

mmered8299
    lie, cheet, steel:eek!:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Prostitution and drug dealing
    (just kidding, we finance our little boat)

MudPumper
    Creative Financing!!!!!!!!
    Oh, and a few drug deals on the side!!

Boozer
    Originally posted by mmered8299
    lie, cheet, steel:eek!:
    In California it's easy if you bought your house over 10 years ago. Take a Home equity loan and write the interest off on your taxes. Wait another 10 years and the house will have gained 5 times the equity you took out of it so technically the boat cost you nothing.
    Otherwise, save your pennies and work your ass off.

Dave C
    f-it... its only money!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast