Thread: wrangler

LAVEYSABRE575
    im buying a wrangler 4x4 to pull the boat out of the water,Im curious to wether an auto would be better then a 5 spd just because of the wear on the clutch any opinions would be greatfull...derek

HCS
    Buy a Chevy. And I like automatics.

LAVEYSABRE575
    Im a ford guy , all im doing with this wrangler is leaving out at the lake strictly for pulling out of water and launching maybe some fireroading in the winter i bet i dont put 500 miles on it a year....you think the auto is the way to go...derek

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
    Im a ford guy , all im doing with this wrangler is leaving out at the lake strictly for pulling out of water and launching maybe some fireroading in the winter i bet i dont put 500 miles on it a year....you think the auto is the way to go...derek
    What year??

LAVEYSABRE575

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
    Get the automatic. I have a 2000 Sahara Wrangler w/automatic. My neighbor has a 2001 with the 5 speed. I wouldn't want to tow much with the 5 speed, even a few hundred yards.

mbrown2
    Try towing your boat out with one first....they only work for really small boats due to short wheelbase and the heavy boat wanting to lift the front tires....with any sort of steepness to the ramp, you will have troubles....my river neighbor can barely pull his 21 Nautique out on our ramp.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Try towing your boat out with one first....they only work for really small boats due to short wheelbase and the heavy boat wanting to lift the front tires....with any sort of steepness to the ramp, you will have troubles....my river neighbor can barely pull his 21 Nautique out on our ramp.
    There is a guy at the launch ramp at Folsom lake that pulls a 23 mastercraft with his. I asked him and he said he did airbags. Looks like it pulls it fine. I have trouble stopping my double jetski trailer with mine... the brakes suck on Wranglers..... Well the rear drum brakes suck on Wranglers....