Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The long deal on AN/ braided lines!

disco_charger
    I know some other people have said similar stuff, but I just wanted to pimp Superdave a little bit. I was rigging my boat on a Saturday, and I noticed that 3 of my steel braided lines had cracked lines or frayed braid. No one around here is open on Saturday. So I PM Superdave 013 and he not only has the stuff I need, but pitty's my lack of skills and assembles it for me on Saturday way later than any speed shop/boat shop is open. So I'm nervously standing there, because it's Saturday, he assembled it, and he knows that my project loses 2 days if I don't get these lines from him. I figure this is going to cost me. However, Dave is waaaay cheaper than Summit, Jegs or Eddies (not sure about Rex, never priced line there, but Mike has nothing to worry about, most of my salary is in his pockets.) I highly recommend Dave. Quality work and material, and convenient as can be. Thanks Bro, I owe you some cold ones.
    Disco

MudPumper
    That's the great thing about these boards, GREAT PEOPLE!!!!!

wrightnow
    I agree Dave is great, but I didn't know he build the lines for you also, I must start reading the fine print....
    Mark

disco_charger
    Originally posted by wrightnow
    I agree Dave is great, but I didn't know he build the lines for you also, I must start reading the fine print....
    Mark
    I told Dave that if I started telling everyone they were his lines, and they saw what a mess I made of them during the assembly that he might be better off doing it for me. Whenever I make them, I'm a bloody mess afterwards. However, I learned a bunch watching Dave do it, and I'll give it a whirl next time. Also, I told Dave that I was a little girl, and he couldn't resist helping a damsel in distress

superdave013
    Thanks for the kind works Disco.
    It was kinda funny when Disco was asking me how much to put them together. He said "Not to sound to much like a girl, but how much to install the ends"
    Well, I could not resisit so I replied, "I'll install the ends for girls for free. lol " One of these days I will have to start charging for that. I was thinking around 5 bucks or so.
    Now I just gotta get Disco to go up to Big Bear with me so I can see how the Experts do it. Come on Brian, I'll lone you the big FTW.

disco_charger
    It was nice to see that Frank is still doing it. Remember, I told you, X country weenie. No downhill here.

superdave013
    Frank is really doing well.
    Here is a few links to check out.
    I'm hoping he will come out to the Nationals in BB this year.
    Frank The Welder (http://www.frankthewelder.com/)
    Snister bikes (http://www.sinisterbikes.com)

Sleek-Jet
    So SD, what do you use to cut the hose?? Just curious. Thanks

superdave013
    a big pair of Kline cable cutters. Make sure you wrap a little duct tape around the hose first.

Sleek-Jet
    Never had any luck with that, I always seem to screw up the SS even when it's wraped.
    I usually use a chop saw, after wraping the hose tighly with good masking tape. Comes out pretty clean.
    Never had any luch with a hack saw like all the magazines tell you to use. Hack-saw = instant birds nest of stainless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast