Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you remember this?

summerlove
    When I was a kid (I'm really aging myself), we'd go to Havasu and stay at the Rodeway Inn (now the Holiday Inn) for the weekend and I remember the bridge under construction and the road that went by the construction zone and onto the the then peninsula. It went adjacent to the bridge, about where the LBR is today...
    Thought you "old timers" might enjoy the pic as well as those of you that have no idea that the bridge wasn't always there!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../951bridge.jpg

WaTchTheGelCoat
    To my knowledge that is the only bridge ever sold, right?

Her454
    WOW, thats a cool picture. We used to go alot then too and I still have pics (trying to find them now) of the dedication in 70 or 71 I think? Anyway, they gave away these gold coins with the bridge on one side and the story on the other, pretty cool. Mine is still in the little plastic cover and good as new.

welk2party
    My father in-law loves to tell me stories about the good ole' days in Havasu.

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by Her454
    WOW, thats a cool picture. We used to go alot then too and I still have pics (trying to find them now) of the dedication in 70 or 71 I think? Anyway, they gave away these gold coins with the bridge on one side and the story on the other, pretty cool. Mine is still in the little plastic cover and good as new.
    I wasn't even born in 1970 or 71.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
    I wasn't even born in 1970 or 71.
    I went there in 1968 or 1969 Kinda foggy now, they were just digging the channel as I remember...
    I was in Jr. High School at the time.

little rowe boat
    I don't remember it,I didn't start heading to Havasu til the mid seventies.Does anyone know the history of Havasu? What was there before the parker dam was built?

summerlove
    Originally posted by little rowe boat
    Does anyone know the history of Havasu? What was there before the parker dam was built?
    desert, oh, and a river......

little rowe boat
    Yah no kidding,I had heard that there was a small town.

91nordic29
    Originally posted by Her454
    my folks took us to the dedication. i was 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast