Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need more Fuel Capacity!!!!

Bryan Rose
    O.K. Guys ,
    heres the dealeo.... everything is finished up and now it's time to start something else. Currently I have two 10 gal saddle tanks in the boat, good enough huh , not really 20 gals does not go very far in a jet with 2 660's on it. What do you guys do for more fuel out on Havasu?or anywhere else for that matter, what kind of range do you have? I was thinkin I need about 10 -15 gals more.
    What do you guys do ? bring coke bottles filled with more fuel , some kind of temp tank or storage containers ? I need some help here.
    Bryan

Danhercules
    I hold like 23 or 24. It seems like enough for me. I have 2 750's.
    I can go all day, even then some. But when I do need more, I use the gas docks, 91 is ok for me.

Sleek-Jet
    My Sleek-Craft has a third tank in the bow. It was like that when I bought it, and while it's a good idea the execution was a little off.
    Whoever put it in used an old gas tank from a car, then glassed to the hull. I've never used it, to scared, but it would give me another 15 gal of fuel.

DickDanger
    Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
    My Sleek-Craft has a third tank in the bow. It was like that when I bought it, and while it's a good idea the execution was a little off.
    Whoever put it in used an old gas tank from a car, then glassed to the hull. I've never used it, to scared, but it would give me another 15 gal of fuel.
    That definitely seemes like a good concept. However, if you say that the job wasnt done properly, you are probably correct in being apprehensive about using it. How about just taking a couple of 5 gallon jugs of gas with you in the boat, and leaving them wherever you are going to be hanging out that day? -DD Out

cruser
    In Washington State, and perhaps others, it is illegal to refuel watercraft on the water or within something like 50 or 100 feet from the shore. Don't ask me how they refuel ships! Anyway, if you have fuel cans along the shore line, you will get a visit from the lake patrol. I did.
    cruzer

Jet Hydro
    I have New round side tanks that hold 11 gal. They are 33"long. You can get them in end fill or center fill. Comes with the 2 mounts. $150.00 + shipping.
    I have a used one that I`d take 75.00 for. It has a small dent where I tightened up the mount to tight. you cant see it but I know it`s there so I wont use it. I`m all about show & go

Ken F
    Duane Just ordered me a couple of new IMCO's for the new Cheyenne. I made a pattern of the inside of the sponsons, we faxed them the drawings, and presto.
    I went with 23.5 gallons per side, which was as much as I could get stuffed in there. Going to have to do my racing late in the day, but i'll be able to cruze all day also!
    Ken F

327,jet
    If you really want more cruising range have a custom tank built from R.D.S. they're aluminum tank's are awesome they have a listing in West marine . All you need to do is give them all the info on what you need . Don't wait too long though they are getting busy . Normally it take's about 5 week's.

Jet Hydro
    Here`s the used one. I`ll have some pictures of the new ones in a few day`s. Takes me about one week to get them. I`m installing the new ones in the Baja that I`m building for a guy.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...020252-med.JPG

HotHallet
    I have two ten gallon tanks and feel i am going to be filling up quite often this summer with the new motor and being that a I have a brick taped to my right foot. I am running 9.6:1 compression with a tunnel ram on top of a 501 c.i. BBF with aluminum heads. The carbs are dual 600's. Probably will be doing a bit more floating this year! In regards to the river and Havasu Topak marina has gas and I usually make a pitstop in there for fuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast