Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oceano dunes

desrtrat256
    I dont know if this is the tread to do it in but its worth a shot. Im looking for a place in oceano dunes that i can roll the bikes out of the trailer and ride. I know you can go down onto the beach and camp which is perfect, but i have a 1970 kenworth show truck that i pull the trailer with and dont want to destroy it or get it stuck. Is the beach a safe option or is there a better solution. Thanks for any help and advice.

WHATA SQUIRT
    No problem driving on the beach.just check the high and low tide times for the arrival and departures.low tide is your best driving time.and park on the beach ABOVE the high tide line.or park on some carpet this is what I do..although I live in the area..good luck.

wsuwrhr
    I know you can go down onto the beach and camp which is perfect, but i have a 1970 kenworth show truck that i pull the trailer with and dont want to destroy it or get it stuck.
    This thread is worthless without pics.

steelcomp
    I dont know if this is the tread to do it in but its worth a shot. Im looking for a place in oceano dunes that i can roll the bikes out of the trailer and ride. I know you can go down onto the beach and camp which is perfect, but i have a 1970 kenworth show truck that i pull the trailer with and dont want to destroy it or get it stuck. Is the beach a safe option or is there a better solution. Thanks for any help and advice.Find something more practical to tow your trailer with.

desrtrat256
    i know its a little impracticle but it works really well, i have a 1973 f350 that pulls it fine but gas milage is about 8 gallons to the mile with a 390. just was wondering how the sand highway was? i think im going next weekend to scout it out before i go on any bigger trips. thanks for the help. i attached some pics but dont know how to post them.

Orange Gasm
    Well in my opinion after 26 yrs driving and 2.5 mil miles in trucks alone, i would'nt go on the beach with it.

steelcomp
    i know its a little impracticle but it works really well, i have a 1973 f350 that pulls it fine but gas milage is about 8 gallons to the mile with a 390. just was wondering how the sand highway was? i think im going next weekend to scout it out before i go on any bigger trips. thanks for the help. i attached some pics but dont know how to post them.You're kidding, right? I wouldn't even take that thing down Grand Ave., let alone get any where near the beach with it.
    Spend the gas money and take the thrasher. Besides, it's been raining here way too much, and probably will be when you want to go. I don't think you could get any where near sand highway in that thing.

H20 Toie
    If you take that rig out there take a lot of cash with you becuase they will charge you up the ass to get it unstuck, the guys that use to run around out there use to be the biggest crooks ( i haven't gone in years becuase i got a motorhome) if the tide is coming in then the price to get you out triples

Boy Named Sue
    Find something more practical to tow your trailer with.
    When the Prince of Practicality speaks, the rest of us just shrug.

haysonj
    I dont know if this is the tread to do it in but its worth a shot. Im looking for a place in oceano dunes that i can roll the bikes out of the trailer and ride. I know you can go down onto the beach and camp which is perfect, but i have a 1970 kenworth show truck that i pull the trailer with and dont want to destroy it or get it stuck. Is the beach a safe option or is there a better solution. Thanks for any help and advice.
    We took our motorhome out there two weeks ago and got stuck they wanted $200 to tow it 20 feet to hard ground. we worked about an hour and got it out our self If you go take some mats or strips of plywood the only problems are where you get on and off the beach and if you try to get too high in the dunes. Ill not take my motor home back again unless my kids are there with their four wheel drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast