Thread: Cassell assembly Q's

StealBlueZ
    OK, so I took the vdrive apart to inspect clean and replace a gasket.....about 7 months ago. Prob is, I don't remember the order of assembly for the spacers and gears. To top it off, I may have lost one of the spacers, cuz things just don't jive the way I have it now. Does anyone have any pics or a diagram I could use to figure it out????
    Thanks,
    randy

Go to the Gear Head section, look in Tech. links it's there!

INEEDAV
    I just finished rebuilding mine, if you have questions how to measrure things out to get it back together right call me at 719-659-6549 after 0600 mountain time. I can send you pictures, notes, and any other information you may need.

SANGER-RICH
    Originally posted by INEEDAV
    I just finished rebuilding mine, if you have questions how to measrure things out to get it back together right call me at 719-659-6549 after 0600 mountain time. I can send you pictures, notes, and any other information you may need.
    How much work is involved in changing the mount plate from one to another, what Im asking is can you split the cases if the mount plate is the same thickness with out a lot of &%#? Or do you need to be a pro at it to set it up??? I reslize there is tolerances we are working with.

GofastRacer
    As long as the plate is the same thickness it's cool, just make sure you use the same thickness case gaskets that was on the one your replacing!..

INEEDAV
    I used the same plate of course on mine. I would check the plate thickness and verify it is the same as the original. You should check everything while you have it apart anyway and make sure that it was set up right previously. Mine was quite ridiculous. I had to have two spacers made (Thank you Tom Bentley) to get mine back to the right tolerance between the spacers, gears, and bearings. It is not hard at all to do, if you have some mechanical ability and a few tools. Shoot me a pm with your email address and I can send the pictures of me rebuilding mine.

Lookin for Liquid
    Originally posted by GofastRacer
    As long as the plate is the same thickness it's cool, just make sure you use the same thickness case gaskets that was on the one your replacing!..
    As long as it was assembled together correctly the first time? So why are you taking it apart would be the next question.

SANGER-RICH
    I have one witha prop release that I want to switch with it and the mounting plates are differant

INEEDAV
    Are you just moving it to the new plate or are you going to re-bearing it while it is apart? I would definitely measure everything out to make sure the spacers are correct when it is all said and done. Probably be a good time to make sure that your back lash is correct as well.