Thread: casale wanted

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    My buddy has a flattie and he has a thorobred v-drive and its dead. I told him to get a casale. I dont know much about v-drives except for the fact that my father owned one with a casale for 20 years and it never had a problem. If anyone has one cheap please pm or email me. I am trying to help him get it in the water for the season. you know us classic boats need to hang together

Moneypitt
    Don't throw away the wasted Aero..... What gears are in it?? Let me know what your buddy wants for it........Moneypitt

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    All it doing is leaking water in the oil. Other that that it works great. I told him that if there is water in there then the bearings are probablly shot. I was told that its hard to find parts for that thing.All he wants to do is get his boat in the water. Then again, I dont know v-drives!

GofastRacer
    Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    All it doing is leaking water in the oil. Other that that it works great. I told him that if there is water in there then the bearings are probablly shot. I was told that its hard to find parts for that thing.All he wants to do is get his boat in the water. Then again, I dont know v-drives!
    Check with "Cole Sanger", he has a 12 degree split case with all new bearings and a new plate, might get it at a good price!..

Cole Sanger
    I will sell him mine for $600 if you want. It is in a box. It needs an input shaft ($175 Menkins) and a gasket set ($25 Menkins). I can't remember what gears are in it, but let me know. If he wants something real cheap, I have a Hallcraft parallel shaft for $200. I think it needs bearings, Art would know about that, and it needs a gasket set. I have some pictures somewhere that I can upload if you want of both. Let me know.

superdave013
    Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    He should be able to get the bearings for that at any bearing supply house. And couldn't he just forget about the water and not cool it? I never ran water to my casale's before I got the schiada.
    Keep in mind that I've never messed with that brand of v drive so take it for what it's worth.
    But if he has to dump much money in it at all I'ed make the move to something different for sure.
    Cole Sanger's set up for 800 bucks (that's including the shaft & gasket set) is not a bad deal at all. The best thing about that is it sounds like it has an uncut/new mounting plate. That means he can cut it to fit his boat.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Right on guys I will let him know tomorrow and we will go from there.

GofastRacer
    Originally posted by superdave013
    Cole Sanger's set up for 800 bucks (that's including the shaft & gasket set) is not a bad deal at all. The best thing about that is it sounds like it has an uncut/new mounting plate. That means he can cut it to fit his boat.
    It has a new plate ready to be mounted in the boat and it's uncut!.

PE 316
    For what it's worth, I have an Aero Marine "Thoroughbred" V-drive in my 1967 Sanger Flat that has NEVER had any water going to it for cooling...
    Never had one problem with it!!!
    (other than the partial "hearing loss" from it - she does whine like a "banshee")