Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atkins Warning!!!!!!!!

topless
    My friend here at work has been on the atkins diet since February.
    Her cholesteral was 198 before the diet. She did lose weight however, she went for a checkup yesterday and her cholesteral is now over 300. Her doctor made her stop. Just to warn you guys who are doing this diet BE VERY CAREFUL and see your doctor. I don't want to hear of any more deaths in the near future.

Debbolas
    Oh NO!
    Mr. Scream is on that! (He has lost a bunch of weight, went down two pant sizes) I will make a Doc appointment for him.
    Thanks for the info!

hd&boatrider
    You need to take fish oil pills which will help out and eliminate the problem. It is very important. In the Atkins book or website I am sure it addresses this clearly.

carbonmarine
    My buddy did that... ended up in the hospital for something similar, but worse to irratable bowel symdrome ( IBS ) ...
    Whats happend is your intestines work over time to push all that protein through if you dont eat enough fibre... Anyhow they work overtime and get really strained, they tire and need a break ...
    His took a break alright and landed him in the hospital for 3 days on bed rest and IV Antibiotics......
    Eat your fibre !
    Rick32

78Eliminator
    And if you are shitting too much, let me be the first to reccommend vicodin. It will stop the flow like a tampax and leave you feeling like your job isn't so shitty, your worst enemy isn't so bad and television will actually be entertaining.....

CA Stu
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    And if you are shitting too much, let me be the first to reccommend vicodin. It will stop the flow like a tampax and leave you feeling like your job isn't so shitty, your worst enemy isn't so bad and television will actually be entertaining.....
    Then, only a couple of poopless days later, you can shit out a bowling ball that goes "Clank!" on the bottom of the bowl!
    I just had a billion dollar idea! Vico-Ex-Lax-adin.
    Clean out your colon and your mind the painless way with new Vico-Ex-Lax-adin, now in mint flavor!
    Cheers
    CA Stu

mirvin
    Yep. If you do it wrong it is very dangerous. Cut down on the eggs and cheese and start adding fiber. LOTS OF FIBER. Salads, veggies, metamucil. It's real easy to get stuck in the meat cheese and eggs phase so be carful.
    I've been doing the Atkins for almost two years now. It's way more about evolving back into a balanced diet then it is about never eating carbs. Make sure your freind reads the book and goes through the proper metamorphis. I think theres 4 or 5 "phases" that must be done or your doing it wrong.
    mirvin

RiverToysJas
    You MUST get fiber too!!!
    RTJas

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    Perhaps the reason I don't enjoy narcotics is that they are so constipating.
    Keep your colon in good shape and it will take good care of you.

HammerDown
    Agreed, fiber and plenty of water is a must. Prior to Atkins my cholesteral was 270. I cut back on all Fatty meats Eggs etc. it didn't drop one bit. The Doc put me on Lipitor, now for 2 years. Even now with Atkins and all the fats etc. it's been down to 170.
    I may trying stoping Lipitor and see where it's at now..
    With this way of eating I do consume plenty of Fish and Vegtables> Broccoli or Asparagus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast