Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a vision.... Zoomies!

Drunk tank
    Okay... well my logs are lame and my pipes are on their last legs. So I got to thinkin bour headers... but those are expensive and kinda lame. So I decided why not zoomies! Then I was like doh! No one makes em for a 455. So I'm plannin on makin my own stainless steel ones. Figure I can mill out 8 flanges on my buddies CNC mill and then make up the rest using mandrels for the bends and then about 10" of tube off of those. What might be some other things I should consider? Should they have water injection (be really messy though, water EVERYWHERE). Also, tube sizes... what would be a good size? thinkin 2", too big or too small? I'm thinking TIG would be the best way to do these, but I might just go with straight Ar on the mig and do stainless that way. then polish them up all sicklike. Also, anyone know the legalities of these? I'm guessing in a place like havasu or the river they might be "illegal" or some shit. Why is it if they are? cause they have no flame arrestor or too loud? Figure this would be a fun little project to do one weekend.

Taylorman
    That would be cool. Im sure any muffler shop could bend those for you. Use the same size tubing as your Bassetts. Tig weld for sure. Stainless is the easiest metal to tig weld. Have them ceramic coated. Post pictures for sure. How about some pictures of that 455.

Drunk tank
    trust me.. it's UGLY! I need to rip the whole thing apart and polish the hell out of all the aluminum on it, get some new valve covers, HEI and new wires and then i'll be proud of it! Till then, its good from a far but far from good

Taylorman
    Thats a pretty nice looking hull. what kind and how fast?

fourspeednup
    That would be sick! Attach some basset water injection tubes/or build your own and plumb them with a shut off valve. That way if you get stopped because of noise, you can run water through and show that you are at least attempting to muffle the noise.
    Next we just gotta work on that porpoise How hard do you think it would be to take off those cav plates for a test run?
    --Coat em black, or leave it natural

Drunk tank
    I like my cav plates.. theyre big pimpin! Now just gotta make em so they can be adjusted on the run. Ya think a jetavator would help out with the porpoising? who knows though, it's a flat bottom, that might require an act of god :confussed:
    As for having a shop bend the tube.. I dont wanna do that, then the bends wouldnt be circular. Where as I can get some stainless mandrels and cut the angle out of them and weld. I'm a good welder so I know it'll look bad ass.
    Used to think its a 1973 hull made by Eliminator Boats (as the title and badging says) but now I'm not so sure. Alot of people have said they dont ever remember eliminator makin a hull like that. Maybe there was another Eliminator out there that went out of business.

superdave013
    you will get a ticket as soon as you fire it up. lol
    I had zoomies that were water injected. Didn't quite shit down and made a big mess.
    If you are a good welder ya otta make some slick ass headers.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    I have a 70 eliminator flat. Kinda looks like yours??

Drunk tank
    Originally posted by CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    I have a 70 eliminator flat. Kinda looks like yours??
    ah yes.. now I dont feel like such a bastard child!
    And I'll get a ticket eh? Fawk! Just when I get my hopes up. Guess I'll just have to go with some headers then.

Cole Sanger
    I have tried to get someone to answer this question for a while, but no one ever has. Do the zoomie baffles make any difference on the noise level? Enough to keep the cops off of you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast