Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Fender damage

welk2party
    I did not get the chance to post these yesterday. I want to see if anyone has some thoughts to repairing this fender. Extreme wants $350 to replace it. The damage is not that bad. It looks to me like it can be fixed, although I am no body repairman.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ge_002-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ge_001-med.jpg

topless
    Popsi-dent

LAVEYSABRE575
    that wrinkle on the front edge well always show, looks like you can pull the bottom somewhat straight ,is it a new trailer? if so get the new fender that wrinkle would crap me out every time i saw it, id forget about the 350.00 after a while just my opinion..derek

welk2party
    Is that like fix-a-dent topless?

topless
    Originally posted by welk2party
    Is that like fix-a-dent topless?
    ha ha

welk2party
    350 dollars for a painted steel fender? LOL... jesus christ, Now I know why their being so cooperative about replacing them carlisles.. LOL
    That was my reaction!

Ducatista
    I had a very similair damaged fender on my Hoss. Zeiman in Havasu pounded it out and repainted it for 200 bucks. It looked identical to yours, and they did a very good job IMO, and the fender looks perfect. They did the job in one day which was nice.

welk2party
    I called Extreme and they said that they do not repair fenders. They only sell new ones. Maybe I should call Zieman.
    I just figured a dolly and hammer and she would be as good as new. Don't have those tools handy. I can live with the wrinkle I think.

Drunk tank
    shit... 300 bucks is fawkin high! Just go order up a new fender online somewhere or try direct from the manufacture so you cut out the middle man. Take it to a small time body shop and be like "can ya paint this fender that color for cheap?" Probably get it done for 80 bucks depending if you need it clear coated and all that crap.
    If I was you I'd just bend that shit out.... total cake walk on a bend like that. You'll have a little bit of a wrinkle right at the corner if you rush... but put a little care into it and you'll hardly be able to notice it. It's just a trailer anyhow... something that minor isnt worth shittin out money on.
    BTW... take the fender off and use a dead blow hammer (preferably with a rubber face)..... dont use a normal hammer unless you wanna fawk it all up... rubber mallet will bounce to much. Also try to avoid using pliers of any kind on it unless they have a large flat face on them and I'd still put a piece of plastic or rubber between the faces and the fender. I sadly have alot of experiance bending metal back

welk2party
    The quote was from the factory and it was $350 not $300.
    I intend to take it off and attempt to fix it. I just don't have the tools for it.
    It won't need painting if it is done right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast