Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to clean the boat cover

Ivan Dan
    What is the best way to do this? Laundromat? Or just lay it out on the driveway and scrub it and let it dry?
    Thanks!

RiverToysJas
    I always sprayed mine off in the driveway with my old boat. I haven't cleaned the Lavey's cover yet, but I plan to soon.
    My plan is to bring it to the spray and wash near my marina in Needles, after I've launched the boat. I'll spray it off with soap from the high pressure washer, then bring it back and strap it to the trailer to dry in the river heat.
    IF the ground is deemed too dirty at the spray and wash, I'll have to think of something else though.
    I'll report back how that all goes.....
    RTJas

Originally posted by Ivan Dan
    Or just lay it out on the driveway and scrub it and let it dry?
    Thanks!
    I do this.
    Whatever you do don't put it in a dryer. They shrink.

mtndewdrops
    Is there a better way?
    I start by hosing off the driveway and spread out the cover to scrub it with a stiff brush and some mild detergent. Afterwards, I put the cover back on the boat to dry and form back to the correct shape. Once the cover drys, I take it back off to wipe down the boat again. Then finally put the cover back on...whew.

Stupid Fast
    I power wash the driveway....then I lay it out then mine power washer has the soap injetor so I use awning cleaner, then rince it off then I put it on the boat wet because mine seems to shrink. Then when it is dry I lay it over the deck railing and spray it with a waterproofing, then I let it dry and I am done. Looks good....and repels water.....

Debbolas
    Thanks for the info...........we need to clean ours. We had fires in the hills behind our house and there is so much dirt and dust, that if we clean the boat, then put the cover on (not the snap-down one) it gets the boat dirty...

Mr.Havasu
    Some Laundry mats in town have washers big enough to handle a 30' cover. In Havasu the laundry mat on Freemont just north of the new Bashes has the big washers or you can leave it with them and they will do it for around $20.00. I've never used their service yet but I talked to the owner and that's the price she quoted me as a detailer. So I'm not sure how or if they dry them them or if shrinkage will be a problem.

Chase
    Originally posted by Debbolas
    Thanks for the info...........we need to clean ours. We had fires in the hills behind our house and there is so much dirt and dust, that if we clean the boat, then put the cover on (not the snap-down one) it gets the boat dirty...
    Don't you just hate the snaps....... Just a little shot back to a thread posted in the recent past.....

Ntwotrance
    I clean the driveway, lay out the cover, spray it with Simple Green, let it set for about 20 minutes, then use Dawn Dishwashing liquid to scrub...

welk2party
    My boat cover sucks! It needs some major mods and a cleaning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast