Thread: Spam 76 Brendella bubbledeck

fourspeednup
    Time to go since I have enough cash to buy another jet but not enough time to build a badazz 468 Chevy before summer which is already here. Had this one for a year and was planning on doing a full resto and BBC swap but then ran out of time and blah, blah, blah.....you know how that goes.
    Anyway, what I've got is a 455 Olds with a Berk 12-JG pump with shoe and rideplate.
    Motor stuff:
    professionally rebuilt 2 years ago
    RV cam
    9:1 compression
    torker intake
    HEI ignition
    holley 750 vac secondaries w/ secondary metering block
    basset water injected headers(slightly rusted in the normal spot between tubes but very nice apart from that
    new head gaskets and intake manifold gaskets this season
    oil has been changed every other trip
    oil pressure runs 40 at idle and 50-60 at WOT
    -never experienced the oil pressure drop that seems to be common with these motors(I'd imagine it has restrictors, or I'd see a drop in PSI)
    has never failed to start at the ramp!
    Hull:
    Solid and no stress cracks
    paint is faded but still OK(looks great wet), flake is not coming off so it can still be recleared if you're into the super 70's look
    From what I've read, they put turning fins on these hulls and used them for circle racing, also read that it is stable up to the 90mph range
    Interior:
    -All gauges work
    -small tear in drivers seat cushion
    -aside from that all is good
    -2 custom fabbed aluminum side tanks 17 gal each
    Trailer:
    -single axle
    -tows great, no abnormal tread wear
    -bearing buddies
    The ugly:
    -As of right now there is a blown intake gasket(stripped bolt holes and didn't torque enough DOH!)
    -battery bracket is broken
    Both of these problems will be fixed w/in the next week and I will not let the boat go for full price to a fellow ***boater until it checks out OK
    More than happy to take you out to the lake for a test run at Casitas (Ventura County)
    $3500 OBO-once everything is fixed
    $3000 firm-as is if you want to replace the intake manifold gasket + bolts and heli coil or retap threads
    Only have a couple "action" pics but will have a bunch more close ups by tomorrow
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...y_boat-med.jpg
    Showing a buddy how to identify engine parts
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...pring4-med.jpg

fourspeednup
    And check out what cal***boat had to say about his 79 brendella on another thread
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "...looks allmost like a twin to the 79 Brendella I had many years ago.
    The Brendella was splash of a Hondo Flatbottom with the last 4ft of the bottom changed to a semi vee bottom. These boats handled and ran real good if set up right."
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ndella_jet.gif

mouzer
    Got the word out, its a good deal,found a blown 77 southwind dragster in havasu,guy wanted $6800 said he would take $5500 im working on that deal right now,i paid for the hydro last saturday in havasu,on the way out of town there she sat,my dragster,with a blown bbc.70s paint scheme 2 buckets worn but no rips,nice motor,i could of cryed, oh well now i goota work fast he gave me till sunday to pick it up,,,,,,,think think think......

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by mouzer
    Got the word out, its a good deal,found a blown 77 southwind dragster in havasu,guy wanted $6800 said he would take $5500 im working on that deal right now,i paid for the hydro last saturday in havasu,on the way out of town there she sat,my dragster,with a blown bbc.70s paint scheme 2 buckets worn but no rips,nice motor,i could of cryed, oh well now i goota work fast he gave me till sunday to pick it up,,,,,,,think think think...... I love the way you go through boats! Thanks for the reply and for putting the word out, I'm just pissed I haven't had time to fix this thing yet due to some poorly timed family drama(can't they see I want a new boat )...oh well though, I get to see it again on Tues when I head home and it'll be done a few hours after!
    Just make sure you have something running and floating this summer so we can meet up at the river

mouzer
    You got it,our first trip is in june and the next is the first week of october,i will let you know where at the river we will be.......

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by mouzer
    You got it,our first trip is in june and the next is the first week of october,i will let you know where at the river we will be....... I look forward to it