Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of deals gone bad...

Tom Brown
    With the bad dealings that have gone through the forums, it seems like a good time to share a deal I had that was a little rough.
    Oh, I received the products just fine and they were perfect, as expected. The price was real good too.
    The rough part was the gong show I put the company through getting the parts. Not only that, I screwed around with the order, changing and adding stuff for weeks. While they were special ordering and modifying items at my request, I changed the order like a teenage girl changes hairstyles.
    I knew some people going through Vegas so I had the company send a box of parts to a buddy in Vegas for pick up. UPS cross border charges to Canada are cruel. Unfortunately, a death in the family caused these people to return to Canada early and missed the shipment in Vegas.
    When I contacted the company, they suggested they issue a UPS call tag to have the product returned to them and then make alternate shipping arrangements. No problem.
    Between special ordering stuff that wasn't in their catalog, having items customized, being indecisive on my order, screwing around with the shipping arrangements way beyond what is reasonable, there's no way they made any money on the deal.
    So... instead of having to fight tooth and nail to get product, never mind service, as often happens; I received excellent product, unbelievable service, and when problems cropped up... this place just sucked it up. They handled it with exemplary professionalism and zero drama. When the product is excellent and the service is like that, that's the best deal you can get, IMO.
    The company I victimized... Rex Marine.
    Sorry, Mike. ... and thanks.

HCS
    They seem to get the thumbs up every time.

looky_lou
    Very nice to hear a good possitive story like this. Way to go Rex Marine.

OutCole'd
    Tom, sorry you had such a good experience with Rex.
    I too had a similar experience with them. Ordered a part, they delivered it faster than expected, and the quality was perfect. Price was also great.
    I hate it when I can not complain about anything.
    I guess I will have to order from one of Rex's competitor's if I want to complain.
    Great Job Mike.

Ntwotrance
    I've always referred people I know to Rex, they take the time to talk to you and help you regardless...customer satisfaction in my book? 10 +++

Blown 472
    Since I dont have a catolog, do they have riser gaskets for "red line marine" center rise manifolds?

Tom Brown
    Hey Blown, why do you have to ruin everything? We can't have anything nice.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    Hey Blown, why do you have to ruin everything? We can't have anything nice.
    Color me tha ****er.

Tom Brown
    Done.
    By the way, do you want me to call Rex for you to check on those gaskets? I'm glad to help out until you get your phone fixed.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    Done.
    By the way, do you want me to call Rex for you to check on those gaskets? I'm glad to help out until you get your phone fixed.
    Gee Tom you are swell, would you??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast