Thread: Please help Interior??

tahitijet
    I'm just taking a quick break from building my seat frames and was wondering if any one on the boards might be able to give me an idea of approx how far back there front seats are fromt he helm.
    I'm builing 2 buckets int he frontwith cocktail seats in the rear. It just seems like the way i have my buckets set up now there awfully wide and way to close to the steering wheel.
    I guess what i really need is to get any idea of how deep most of your seats are from the front of the cushion to the back and how far the back is from the helm at the deepest point. if anyone has that avaliable i'd greatly apprecaite it.

Heatseeker
    I'm waiting for my seats to come back from the upholsterer, so I can't give you any solid measurements. I'd guess the front seats were around 18" deep(cushion to seat back). The back seats(inner facing) on mine aren't as deep. Maybe 15".
    Here's the finished frames:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...rames1-med.jpg
    I'm going to take the finished seats and adjust them to what is comfortable for me to drive. I'll find the position on the driver's side, then mount the pass. side to match. Then I'll mount the throttle and place control to comfortable positions.
    Hope that helps a little.

MudPumper
    Wait until they are all done then set them in the boat and see how comfortable it is for you to reach all the controls. Adjust accordingly then mount them. Every boat is different, every person is different. I just got an extended steering wheel hub because I felt my wheel was too far away from me. I have long legs so the seat needed to be back but then my arms were almost locked grabbing the wheel. I moved the wheel 4" closer to me and now it's great. Good luck with the interior.
    My seat is 18" from front of bottom cushion to the seat back. The wheel is 22" from bottom of wheel(closest point to the seat because of the angle on the wheel) to the seat back

In my previous boat - 73 Tahiti 18' - the meassurement from bottom of steering wheel to the bottom inside of seat back was 21". My current boat is 22".

tahitijet
    thanks they were about 18" deep but about 6" to close to the helm i moved them back 8" which puts them at about 24" back from the wheel which should equal out close to 22" after foam and vinyl. Much more comfortable now just made it tighter for the people in the cocktail seats.. oh well.
    thanks for the help

MudPumper
    Originally posted by tahitijet
    Much more comfortable now just made it tighter for the people in the cocktail seats.. oh well.
    thanks for the help
    Don't worry there shouldnt be anybody over 125lbs in the back seat anyway, preferably with large breasts and G-string on.

Originally posted by MudPumper
    Don't worry there shouldnt be anybody over 125lbs in the back seat anyway, preferably with large breasts and G-string on.
    Amen