Thread: dual regulator pressure problems

79 Howard
    Here's my problem, I have had fuel pressure problems ans so this time what I have done is re-worked my plumbing and installed a liquid filled pressure gauge on 1 of my regulators now it seems my pump pushes 12 lbs and when I adjust the pressure down it moves down then right back up to 12. I have a new gauge and reg.

P-Money
    I read something on Aeromotives website that liqiud filled fuel pressure gauges can be inaccurate due to the liquid getting heated up. Here's a link to the article, its Question #2. Might be worth a look.
    Aeromotive Article (http://216.242.145.16/products/content_p.phtml?pk=63)

79 Howard
    Well I didn't really want to put 12 lbs of pressure to my carbs but question 3 confirmed I should start my rod to set pressure

Blown 472
    By pass system, best way to go.

GofastRacer
    Originally posted by 79 Howard
    Well I didn't really want to put 12 lbs of pressure to my carbs but question 3 confirmed I should start my rod to set pressure
    You definitly don't want 12lbs to the carbs, screw that regulator shit, put a bypass in after the carbs!..

Krumbsnatcher
    Originally posted by 79 Howard
    Here's my problem, I have had fuel pressure problems ans so this time what I have done is re-worked my plumbing and installed a liquid filled pressure gauge on 1 of my regulators now it seems my pump pushes 12 lbs and when I adjust the pressure down it moves down then right back up to 12. I have a new gauge and reg.
    Do you have an electric pump? If you do your return line is restricted. I had some interior work done and when i pretested the motor i noticed that my fuel pressure went to 12 normally 8.5. I tested the reg installed a manual gauge, turned out to be a pinched return line.
    good luck.