Thread: Lake Elsinore?

Big Bear
    Anybody have any info on Lake Elsinore? I have been hearing nothing but bad things lately. Is it even worth taking the boat for a day? If anybody knows anything, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ntwotrance
    Originally posted by Big Bear
    Anybody have any info on Lake Elsinore? I have been hearing nothing but bad things lately. Is it even worth taking the boat for a day? If anybody knows anything, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    check hot spots west, a lot of info there regarding the lake.

mirvin
    Hey BigBear, you should just go to Castaic
    I've been to Elinore 3 times in the last couple months and it's not as bad as i had always heard, but it's not as nice as Castaic.
    That said, Elsinore has a speed zone and you can drink
    If you wanna go fast and have a beer then Elsinore is the place, if not, Castaic is a nicer lake.
    mirvin

Big Bear
    Thanks! I go to Castaic because it is big enough for my boat and close to home. I have a cousin who lives out towards Elsinore and wants me to bring the boat out there. Is a 28 footer too big for Elsinore.? I've heard it is a decent sized lake. Thanks for the .02.

Ntwotrance
    Thanks! I go to Castaic because it is big enough for my boat and close to home. I have a cousin who lives out towards Elsinore and wants me to bring the boat out there. Is a 28 footer too big for Elsinore.? I've heard it is a decent sized lake. Thanks for the .02.
    we'll be out there this saturday, if your interested let me know

Debbolas
    We will be there too, as well as AHHELL and his neighbor!

mirvin
    You'll be fine in Elsinore. Just stay away from the edges. I scratched up my prop trolling the shoreline but the bottom is pretty soft.
    I've seen some big boats there and have never heard of a problem. Sounds like there's gonna be a group out this weekend. I might have to get out witcha!
    mirvin

Big Bear
    This Saturday does not work for me. This Sunday or the following Saturday might though.

Debbolas
    Originally posted by mirvin
    You'll be fine in Elsinore. Just stay away from the edges. I scratched up my prop trolling the shoreline but the bottom is pretty soft.
    I've seen some big boats there and have never heard of a problem. Sounds like there's gonna be a group out this weekend. I might have to get out witcha!
    mirvin
    We can practice for OP6C!
    (except we will have kids, and we have to leave at 1pm)