Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Launch Ramp Courtesy

goneboatin
    Have you ever had one of those days where you're next in line to launch your boat and the assholes before you decide that the best time to load up their boat with goodies is when the boat's on the ramp? Then to top it off the jackoff is the only one who can drive the boat. So he and all of his clan get on the boat and take it over to the slips. Now is truck and trailer are on the ramp unoccupied. If I wasn't such a nice guy, I slip that thing in reverse and just watch it sink!
    Now when I return from a great day out there's always the little assholes in the Sea Doos that hang out on the launch ramp holding those things until the knucklehead goes to get the truck and trailer. They can't can't wait off to the side, they have to be in the middle so one lane gets blocked. I've seen the same thing with boats. Man, that just pisses me off.
    I'm done ranting.

mirvin
    Priceless. That's why so many of us end up sitting on the docks with a cooler just taking in the entertaiment
    mirvin

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by mirvin
    Priceless. That's why so many of us end up sitting on the docks with a cooler just taking in the entertaiment
    mirvin
    Sitting on the docks.... That's a whole other subject.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    we launch at the nauticle.. there is never anyone there..

fourspeednup
    Ya, I think this subject has been touched on once or twice
    If you're bored, do a search for "launch ramp etiquette" and such...plenty of material to keep you entertained

mirvin
    You've never seen a launch ramp cluster **** until you've made the mistake of going to lake Perris in the middle of summer. What a spectacle!!
    I only made that mistake once
    mirvin

Floatin'
    I too have spent some time at the launch ramp in my golf cart watching the show but I also am not an obnoxious a-hole like some of the launch ramp hangers. It's funny to watch some new boater struggle backing the trailer down the ramp, but, after 6 or 7 attempts to back down unsucessfully I now offer to help them out, lots of times it's a chick that just hasn't practiced backing down the ramp and they are so nervous and embarassed that they always accept my offer to help. I just pisses me off that alot of the hecklers at the ramp probably couldn't do any better than the people they are heckling. If you want to make someones day offer to help them out.

Debbolas
    Originally posted by mirvin
    You've never seen a launch ramp cluster **** until you've made the mistake of going to lake Perris in the middle of summer. What a spectacle!!
    I only made that mistake once
    mirvin
    Or Lake Havasu, Memorial Weekend!!

little rowe boat
    I try to lend a hand,to the sorry soul who's wife wont help out,it keeps things moving along.You never know you make a new friend and teach them some launch ramp ettiquette.I'm not the most patient person in the world,so if I help out I get on the water sooner and I'm in a much better state of mind.

little rowe boat
    Originally posted by Floatin'
    I too have spent some time at the launch ramp in my golf cart watching the show but I also am not an obnoxious a-hole like some of the launch ramp hangers. It's funny to watch some new boater struggle backing the trailer down the ramp, but, after 6 or 7 attempts to back down unsucessfully I now offer to help them out, lots of times it's a chick that just hasn't practiced backing down the ramp and they are so nervous and embarassed that they always accept my offer to help. I just pisses me off that alot of the hecklers at the ramp probably couldn't do any better than the people they are heckling. If you want to make someones day offer to help them out.
    The hecklers piss me off also.They have nothing better to do than watch someone damage their expensive toys.What goes around comes around.
    Two thumbs up for helping a fellow boater in need.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast