Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any facts yet on accident??

Cole
    Let us know if any new details arrise

RiverToysJas
    According to ABC News a few minutes ago the search is coninueing right now. The family has hired a specality dive company to search for the bodies.
    The lake is open.
    RTJas

RiverDave2
    OMFG! They opened the lake?
    RD

RiverToysJas
    The lake never actually closed according to the news. I heard specifically that it remained open on Friday and I know for sure it was open over the weekend with only the West Ramp being closed.
    RTJas.

MissHBjet
    I heard on the news the lake was closed on saturday. I know Hustler (before this happened) was going to Castaic on saturday, but didnt go.

RRVRRIDE
    SO DID ANY ONE HEAR WHAT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT?

got river?
    RiverDave-
    I am surprised they opened the lake too. A couple years ago at Perris, an offduty police officer fell off a boat and his body wasn't found for several days--the lake was kept open the whole time. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Boatcop
    I am surprised they opened the lake too. A couple years ago at Perris, an offduty police officer fell off a boat and his body wasn't found for several days--the lake was kept open the whole time. That just doesn't make sense to me.
    As one who's done this all too many times, I can tell you that the only time the lake, or usually just the area of the crash, is closed off, is when an active rescue effort is taking place.
    The rescue phase is the amount of time that a person can feasibly be resucitated after being submerged, usually no longer than 1 hour. Somewhat longer for kids.
    During the recovery phase, which is any time after it's determined that there is no possibility of a successful rescue, the more eyes on the lake the better. Even with our best eforts, many victims are located by boaters not associated with the organized effort.
    Lastly, don't think it callous if the authorities call off the search after a certain amount of time with no recovery. Diving under the conditions that exist on most lakes this time of year, is extremely hazardous. There's no point in risking any more lives on recovery. We know that the families want their loved ones back and closure, but sometimes you just have to weigh the risk vs. outcome.
    Alan
    BoatCop (http://www.boatcop.com)

riverliver
    I under stand what your saying BoatCop but that would freak me out to know that those guys where down there if i was on that lake!

sleepster
    That would freek me out to, to think those guys are down there, but thay should have not open the lake.for all do respect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast