Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Filter Adaptor ??????

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have this 454 im putting in a Flat Bottom. I have a oil cooler that I will be running later. I want to just put a filter adaptor on the motor to start it with.
    I took a adaptor I had laying around and bolted it into my block. If I try to screw the filter on it will only catch one thread. It is way to short.
    Do they make a longer one? They are both 454 blocks. One is two bolt and one is a four....Whats the DEAL????

BGMAN203
    Sounds like the adapter you have has been cut or modified, if you just want a stock one, go to your local parts store and get a new one. Take the one you are trying to use with you, and see if a new one is longer. Also your filter might be hitting the bolts that you used to attach the adapter. Sometimes you have to run a small hex head, sometimes allen socket heads are too deep.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have matched the one I have up with a couple others. They are exactly the same.... This has never been modified........:frown:

GofastRacer
    Hmmm, do you have a pic!..

PE 316
    Call your "local" Chevrolet or GMC dealership and ask for Part# 3952301 - Oil Filter Adaptor.
    Pretty much IF the dealership has been in business for more than 5 years, they will stock this part...
    It should cost you about $25.00 + tax
    By the way, are you using the "correct" oil filter????
    I'm using an AC/Delco# PF35L Oil Filter on mine...

GofastRacer
    In a high HP deal I make my own, those factory cast dealios will break!..

BGMAN203
    Make your own??? I would be interested in seeing pictures of that.

BGMAN203
    Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
    I have this 454 im putting in a Flat Bottom. I have a oil cooler that I will be running later. I want to just put a filter adaptor on the motor to start it with.
    I took a adaptor I had laying around and bolted it into my block. If I try to screw the filter on it will only catch one thread. It is way to short.
    Do they make a longer one? They are both 454 blocks. One is two bolt and one is a four....Whats the DEAL????
    One other thing I just thought of while reading your post again....mark IV have different filter adapters than the mark V blocks. The Mark V blocks have less threads on them than the IV blocks. Is it possible your trying to put a late model adapter on an early style block??

Fired Up
    Ordered mine from Rex Marine last year when my stock one broke. Nice billet design. Heavy duty and not much more $....plus worth the security of having good parts.

GofastRacer
    Originally posted by BGMAN203
    Make your own??? I would be interested in seeing pictures of that.
    Sorry don't have a pic of it and it's on my motor but all I did was copy one that I seen in a catalog, pretty easy to make!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast