Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen boat/engine

robb
    My 20' Omega was stolen on Jan. 16 from my home in Glendale, CA. It was found 2 days later by the La Crescenta Sheriff's dept. in the hills above Sun Valley completly gutted! Needless to say, I'm blanking pissed off. It had a blown 468 Chevy with an 8-71 Littlefield, superchiller, gary williams dominators, dooley scoop, polished blower cover, all braided lines, polished rail kit, MSD, red lightning through transom headers, Teague oil filter head mount, strainer, all polished etc, etc,. It was show quality.
    GS Marine rigged it all beautifully and Champion Marine in Chatsworth built the engine. The boat is now junk. The pump and intake were sawed out along the fiberglass along with the dash. All red anodized vents, billet red swim steps, exhaust tips, auto meter ultralite gauges, and the interior were also taken. I'm asking for anyone to keep an eye or ear out at Parker, Havasu or lake Castaic. It has a rump-rump-rump up and down idle from the Clay Smith solid cam. Thank you, Rob.

flattie
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I sold a boat to a guy a few years ago in wisconsin and the same thing happend to them. If they find the bastards who did shoot first ask question later.
    Did you have any insurance?

superdave013
    That really sucks. I think those type of ****ers should be hung just like in the old days for stealing horses. You should watch the recycler and walk the long beach swap meet to see if any of your parts show up.

robb
    Thanks for the comments. The motor was insured but the boat is junk now since they cut out the transom, intake and dash. They'll get theirs!!!

superdave013
    You should pop over to Havasubarney.com and talk to barney. He's been doing lots of fiberglass and is very cost effective. I would think that insurance paid for the boat too didn't it. But then again I know what mine is insured for. That wouldn't pay for the engine!

keep an eye out in the classifieds for boat parts, also long beach high performance sawp meet is coming up, have seen lots of boat parts there before.

Janky
    Yeah lets hang them... But wouldn't we have to hang them about 500 times... ya know, once for every horse

JohnwithJm
    Check out Long Beach this weekend. Good luck

LOWRIVER2
    Sorry to hear Robb, that just sucks.
    Was looking at classifieds on HB, was that your boat listed for sale? If so, I'm sure you already covered this with LASO but did you show the boat to numerous folks? Any phone #'s, lic. plates, or veh. descriptions of people who looked at the boat? I'm sure this has been asked, just interested, I'm a lawman who has had two jet skis and a K5 Blazer stolen in last ten years, I can say I feel your pain. Many boats/rv's stolen this way. My skis were stolen from the notorious Gary's marine in Rowland Heights in 93'just before he went bankrupt, inside job for sure. Boat/ski theft has been on a serious rise in last four years.
    Best of luck in some form of recovery for your loss.
    LowRiver

LOWRIVER2
    Oops, sorry, Glendale P.D.
    Also, do BDS Blowers have any ID numbers or did you put any owner applied numbers on the engine/parts? I know it sounds silly but it does help with any property to etch a driver's lic. # or other owner #. If the property is recovered so it can be returned to the owner. I don't know where an etched # could be placed discreetly on a blower but rest assured, if you give us any numbers, I'll be looking at blowers on the low river for ya!
    LR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast