Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My brother the Bleeding Heart Liberal sent me another bleeding heart liberal e-mail.

LASERRAY
    This time it's re. that fat P.O.S. Michael Moore being censored by The Walt Disney Company. Here it is:
    Disney: Don't silence Michael Moore
    Dear MoveOn member,
    Oscar-winning director Michael Moore has finished his latest documentary, but The Walt Disney Company is refusing to let the American public see it.
    The film, "Fahrenheit 911," is critical of President Bush's actions before and after Sept. 11 and describes Bush's relationships with powerful Saudi families, including that of Osama bin Laden.
    According to the New York Times, Moore's agent says embattled Disney chief Michael Eisner feared the documentary could endanger the company's tax breaks in Florida, where Bush's brother, Jeb, is governor.
    We can't let corporate favors for politicians dictate what movies we see. Tell Disney to show us Michael Moore's documentary:
    John Spelich
    Corporate Communications
    The Walt Disney Company
    Phone: (818) 560-8543
    If the line is busy, call a Disney store near you. The salespeople aren't responsible for this decision, but ask them to pass your concerns on to the manager. To find the Disney store nearest you, click here.
    Finally, if you own any Disney stock, call:
    Wendy Webb, Investor Relations
    The Walt Disney Company
    Phone: (818) 560-5758
    The documentary, which heads to the prestigious Cannes film festival next week, was expected to be distributed by Miramax this summer. But Disney, which owns Miramax, blocked the plan. Denying allegations of political favoritism, Disney said it doesn't want to be involved with a partisan film.
    Moore responded, "If this is partisan in any way it is partisan on the side of the poor and working people in this country who provide fodder for this war machine."
    The film details financial connections between the Bush family and powerful Saudi Arabian families over the last thirty years, including the evacuation of Osama bin Laden's relatives from the United States two days after Sept. 11. Also included are American soldiers in Iraq describing their doubts about the justification for war.
    Michael Moore has commented, "At some point the question has to be asked, 'Should this be happening in a free and open society where the monied interests essentially call the shots regarding the information that the public is allowed to see?' "
    Today, we will tell Disney the answer is no:
    John Spelich
    Corporate Communications
    The Walt Disney Company
    Phone: (818) 560-8543
    Sincerely,
    --Noah T. Winer
    MoveOn.org
    May 5th, 2004
    P.S. This story appeared on the front page of today's New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/05/national/05DISN.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And just for the record, I hate Michael Moore, But I'm against censorship as well. They should sell the rights if they won't release- it, but don't censor it.

Dave C
    the movie is probably a bunch of B.S. and disney doesn't want to touch it........ which is kind of ironic because Disney's board is a bunch of lib's anyhow....
    why is it that someone as irresponsible as Moore accuse his fellow lib's of favortism..... hmmmm....

Dr. Eagle
    !@#$###@@!!$&$###@!$$
    Losers...
    Michael Moore is a traitor... an untrustworthy, unscrupulous, liar and generally an unhappy man. I have hated everything the guy ever did (that I have seen) starting with TV Nation. I want to contact Disney and tell them that if they show that movie anywhere, they will be on my BANNED list!!!!!!!!

Boozer
    I'm going to contact Disney and let them know that if they do go forward with michael moore's b.s. I will never go to their parks or watch their movies again.

Debbolas
    that sound just like an e-mail my brother would send me!!
    LOL

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Boozer
    I'm going to contact Disney and let them know that if they do go forward with michael moore's b.s. I will never go to their parks or watch their movies again.
    Boozer, between you and I... I bet they're scared to death we won't spend money on their crap......

twistedpair
    So is that your brothers e-mail address I see when I click on the link? I think we could fill him up real quick!

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by twistedpair
    So is that your brothers e-mail address I see when I click on the link? I think we could fill him up real quick! OOPS!!! Had to remove it.

Boozer
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    OOPS!!! Had to remove it.
    Put it back you sissy!

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    OOPS!!! Had to remove it.
    It's OK, it was probably full by now anyway.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast