Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Don Pedro memorial weekend

Robbie Racer
    A couple of us are camping and boating at Lake Don Pedro (Near Sonora and Jamestown) over memorial weekend. They no longer have any campsites available but if any other northern CA hot boaters want to join us for a day trip over that weekend let me know. We plan to be boating at Don Pedro on Saturday and Sunday and then motor over to New Malones on Monday morning and boat there on that day. Hope to see some of you there.

Desert Rat
    You can always boat in camp. We did it for years when we lived in NorCal

mike37
    how big is
    Lake Don Pedro
    do they party like at havasu or is it more old folks

Robbie Racer
    D/R, I forgot about the boat in camping. Good point.
    Mike, the lake has 160 miles of shoreline with nearly 13,000 surface acres of water. There are a lot of all ages of people that go there from fishermen to wake boarders (not many hot boats). I don't think it is any where near the party atmosphere as Havasu. No sandbar and no channel for people to hang out and party.

mike37
    Iv herd itÂ’s a beautiful lake to go boating
    Is there a lot of coves

LASERRAY
    I'm seriously considering a trip up there this year. It's only about 6 hours from here in the 805. I've heard nothing but good things about LDP.

Robbie Racer
    Mike, it has quite a few coves. Here is a link to a map of the lake. http://www.donpedrolake.com/mapLake.html
    Laser, let me know if/when you make plans to make the drive and I will try to hook up with you if it works out.

bocco
    I spend amost all of my boatong time at Don Pedro. Great lake. You won't find Havasu style parties but the place to hang out in the afternoon is Gardner falls behind "Pig Roast Island". If you look at the map on the link that was posted. It's about halfway between Flemming Meadows and Moccasin point where the lake opens up wider. You can see the 2 creeks that flow into the water fall. You'll see mostly wakeboard boats rafted up in there. But it gets entertaining on the big weekends.
    Also take a run as far as can up the river that feeds into the lake past mocassin point it's a nice ride. Just watch your depth when it starts to get narrow. If you see a 20' eliminator that's white with shades of orange, say hi. Or if you see it tied up to a houseboat named "High Mainenance" say hi there also.
    There is boat in camping allowed on most of the lake. There are even a few outhouses strategically placed. Some floaters also.
    Enjoy the weekend
    Gary

Up 4 River
    I spent my first weekend up there two weekends ago and the lake is beautiful. Nont to many ***boaters like RR said, and I was with a buddy on a wakeboard boat that weekend. It seemed like a great place to get back to the things boating are all about and that's enjoying the water, sun, skiing and good times with friends and family. I am considering going back up there and visiting my buddy in Modesto that weekend and if I do we'll be out on the lake Sat and Sunday. It would be great to meet some of you if I do. I hope you won't pull away if we show up in a Master Craft.
    U4R

mike37
    sound like a nice place got it on my lakes to got to list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast