Thread: Yo Lakes only.

Blown 472
    In your travels, you ever run across a bell housing for a big block and C4?

LakesOnly
    Nope, I be into 429/460's so I don't know shit about the other stuff...and never came across one of those...I do know guys that put C4's behind 429/460's though...
    So do they exist? Gotta ask the Guru 058.
    Ah, yes. I remember the day I met the Great 058. I was a lost soul and in need of guidance. I sold my '64 autocross Corvair and bought a one-way ticket to Nepal, nothing but the clothes on my back.
    After touching down, I was met by a sherpa. He led me to the base of the Himalayas where we began to climb. Through rain and cold and night, we climbed.
    Thousands of feet above the clouds, the path dead stopped. It looked like the end of the trail. The sherpa told me that this was as far as he dare go, and that if I wish to seek greater BBF knowledge, I must continue my journey alone to the Guru. Then he pointed to the rocky cliff I must climb.
    Grabbing an old dead branch, I hoisted myself upwards into the cold, rocky cliff. I climbed for hours, exhausted, and neared the peak of the great Himalayas as the sun began to set. As I looked upwards, I caught the glimpse of an old, weathered, white-haired man in a robe, holding a lantern, gazing down on me amidst my weakening grip of the jagged rocky mountainside. Slowly, he turned and walked out of sight above. I then heard the loud roar of a just-started 514, which settled down to a deep resonant lopey idle, then was shut down. I clung to the side of the cliff, mesmerized as the continuing echo of the BBF bounced off the Himalayan peaks several minutes after shutdown, booming like thunder.
    I tore off a sleeve of my shirt and tied it to my wrist, the other end to a dried shrub in the side of the cliff. Secured from a deadly fall, I passed out until morning, secured and hanging from the shrub.
    (To be continued...)
    LO

Blown 472
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Nope, I be into 429/460's so I don't know shit about the other stuff...and never came across one of those...I do know guys that put C4's behind 429/460's though...
    So do they exist? Gotta ask the Guru 058.
    Ah, yes. I remember the day I met the Great 058. I was a lost soul and in need of guidance. I sold my '64 autocross Corvair and bought a one-way ticket to Nepal, nothing but the clothes on my back.
    After touching down, I was met by a sherpa. He led me to the base of the Himalayas where we began to climb. Through rain and cold and night, we climbed.
    Thousands of feet above the clouds, the path dead stopped. It looked like the end of the trail. The sherpa told me that this was as far as he dare go, and that if I wish to seek greater BBF knowledge, I must continue my journey alone to the Guru. Then he pointed to the rocky cliff I must climb.
    Grabbing an old dead branch, I hoisted myself upwards into the cold, rocky cliff. I climbed for hours, exhausted, and neared the peak of the great Himalayas as the sun began to set. As I looked upwards, I caught the glimpse of an old, weathered, white-haired man in a robe, holding a lantern, gazing down on me amidst my weakening grip of the jagged rocky mountainside. Slowly, he turned and walked out of sight above. I then heard the loud roar of a just-started 514, which settled down to a deep resonant lopey idle, then was shut down. I clung to the side of the cliff, mesmerized as the continuing echo of the BBF bounced off the Himalayan peaks several minutes after shutdown, booming like thunder.
    I tore off a sleeve of my shirt and tied it to my wrist, the other end to a dried shrub in the side of the cliff. Secured from a deadly fall, I passed out until morning, secured and hanging from the shrub.
    (To be continued...)
    LO
    Intersting story. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my lincoln. I am kicking around a single carb big block, or a turbo'd injected 351 with a A4od.
    Couple buddies at the track are into small blocks under psi, one has a 408 in a lighting with 20 psi and runs 9.80's at 145 in a street legal truck.

Hotcrusader76
    S&W Race cars has a slew of adapters. Try giving them a call.
    ~Ty

Lakes....you missed your calling. You should have been a writer...I'm LMAO. Blown, Try TCI, they do alot of C4 stuff and should have the adapter you need. Of course if they are like some other trans co. [who will remain nameless] they want you to buy the complete set-up from them and thats the only way you can get that C4 to hook up to a 460. If you do the AOD then give Lentec a call. they found the key to making them live behind big horsepower. For their hi zoot, super deluxe edition of the ultimate AOD they claim it will handle up to 1200 HP.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by 058
    Lakes....you missed your calling. You should have been a writer...I'm LMAO. Blown, Try TCI, they do alot of C4 stuff and should have the adapter you need. Of course if they are like some other trans co. [who will remain nameless] they want you to buy the complete set-up from them and thats the only way you can get that C4 to hook up to a 460. If you do the AOD then give Lentec a call. they found the key to making them live behind big horsepower. For their hi zoot, super deluxe edition of the ultimate AOD they claim it will handle up to 1200 HP.
    How much power can a c4 handle?

Originally posted by Blown 472
    How much power can a c4 handle? I dunno....they have been vastly improving over time. I do know they have been run behind some pretty stout BBFs in the 550" range, perhaps 8-900 hp. When they first hit the market for BB use it was common knowlege they needed rebuilding every 8-10 passes but now they have been known to last an entire season with no major work.

396_Z
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    How much power can a c4 handle?
    How much money you got?
    (technically speaking it will handle all the HP you can throw at it and beg for more, TQ is limiting factor.)

Blown 472
    Originally posted by 058
    I dunno....they have been vastly improving over time. I do know they have been run behind some pretty stout BBFs in the 550" range, perhaps 8-900 hp. When they first hit the market for BB use it was common knowlege they needed rebuilding every 8-10 passes but now they have been known to last an entire season with no major work.
    I have decided to go with a turbo 351 w. I will probably be in the upper 500 to 600 range once I get it sorted out and burn up a few mule motors in the process. I think a c4 should live with that, no trans break or anything just a stout street car.