Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable...

Hotcrusader76
    Well today I had a client scheduled for a Q-Jet install on his race car. Long story short he won't be coming by becuase...
    while loading his car onto his trailer his wife decided to start the car in order to load it up...
    side note: the carburetor that "was" suppose to be mounted on the car isn't becuase it's at my shop.
    well the car did start...without it's Q-jet.....and in the process sucked both red rags into the engine. It did fire because of the fuel puddled up in the intake.
    I just got this call and I am still amazed that guy hasn't killed her yet. He was suppose to race this Saturday but it looks like he'll be removing the cylinder heads.
    My question to the veiwers?
    1. New head gaskets?
    2. Or new wife?

cyclone
    Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
    Well today I had a client scheduled for a Q-Jet install on his race car. Long story short he won't be coming by becuase...
    while loading his car onto his trailer his wife decided to start the car in order to load it up...
    side note: the carburetor that "was" suppose to be mounted on the car isn't becuase it's at my shop.
    well the car did start...without it's Q-jet.....and in the process sucked both red rags into the engine. It did fire because of the fuel puddled up in the intake.
    I just got this call and I am still amazed that guy hasn't killed her yet. He was suppose to race this Saturday but it looks like he'll be removing the cylinder heads.
    My question to the veiwers
    1. New head gaskets?
    2. Or new wife?

cyclone
    Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
    My question to the veiwers
    1. New head gaskets?
    2. Or new wife?
    im going to go out on a limb here and say that my g/f is too smart to pull a jackass move like that.

Tom Foolery
    Originally posted by cyclone
    im going to go out on a limb here and say that my g/f is too smart to pull a jackass move like that.
    Better knock on some wood there Mike.
    Just in case

RACER52
    not much of a choice on the head gaskets!!!!
    but many options on the other hand.
    still cant believe it started, unless he had just popped the carb off and the fuel was fresh(puddles i mean)

Speedin' Ian
    may have pulled the carb and had the fuel line sitting on or close to the manifold

DansBlown73Nordic
    How many rpm's did it turn??????

victorfb
    is he sure the rags went all the way into the cylinder? im betting they got stuck on the valve, and maybe partially into the cylinder, stuck between the valve and seat. i would think that if the rag was small enough to go by the valve opening, then its small enough to get out the spark plug hole. but im still betting they are wedged in the head port against the valve.
    answer to question: keep the wife. the dummy should have had the battery disconnected to begin with if he was taking the carb off.
    new head gasket? if removing the head, definatly.

Originally posted by victorfb
    ..... should have had the battery disconnected to begin with if he was taking the carb off.
    My first thought, too. Followed by wondering why he just used rags to cover the manifold. It's pretty damn easy to make a cover plate.

victorfb
    Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
    My first thought, too. Followed by wondering why he just used rags to cover the manifold. It's pretty damn easy to make a cover plate.
    even a cardboard cover plate would have been fine. guess we will chalk this one up as an "oops".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast