Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake V-Drive Regatta

dave n
    ONLY THREE WEEKS LEFT TIL THE IRVINE LAKE VDRIVE REGATTA ON JUNE 12-13!!! We only have 50 spots each day and half are already gone.
    Here's an extra attraction - IF we get enough overnite campers on Saturday, we'll book a band for your enjoyment for Saturday nite!
    Get your entry apps into us ASAP!!

76BARRON
    What exactly do you need to have included in the application?
    I assume name,address type stuff but what about the boat criteria?are you only looking for race,show boat's?or?
    any help or clue's will be appreciated.

dave n
    Not looking for race boats or show boats, just looking for v-drives to come out and have a fun and safe day on the lake. We're looking at applications to make sure the boats are v-drive - we did have a problem at the last event.
    If you'd like an application to be sent to you by email, send a picture of your boat by email to: swd4kp@aol.com. We'll send you an entry form back that you can mail to us.

Moneypitt
    Do the fishermen need to send in a picture of their fishing boat???

DUNDUN
    So ANY kind of V-Drives are allowed?(family ski boat, race boat, show boat)
    What about these "Rock throwing fishermen"? Is this true? Do they really throw rocks?

Moneypitt
    You bet they did...I was there, they wouldn't throw at me, I tried to bait them. The lake has 5 MPH speed limit for fishing boats every other day of the year, but the boats out fishing during the v drive deal were hauling for all they were worth, without regard for where they were going or who's way they got in...TOTAL disregard for the event at "their" lake. The first one, they would slow down, come in close for a look at the boats and creat 3 ft rollers towards the beach where the boats were anchored/beached....Just a general cluster fornication, having ANY of those guys on the same lake as this type event. Am I bitter, not really, just decided last time(2nd), I wouldn't go back unless the fishing deal was omited for the event days....At $50. per boat, do they really need the revenue from fishing for those days?
    Answer: close the whole lake to fishing, have one area for the cruisers to cruise, and another area for the speed runs that everyone would like to see. These guys like smooth water for there blasts in excess of 100 MPH, and they'll put on a show if allowed the room.....Most of us cruisers were giving them this room, but some were not, chopping up the water on a circle around the lake every 3-5 minutes, then throw in the fishermen going here and there looking for the fish, and the 50 boat deal was way too many.....Well, Irvine Lake, is this a V DRIVE deal ONLY? or another cluster fornication?...........Moneypitt

76BARRON
    Is anybody planning on going?
    For some reason there dosn,t seem to be much interest :frown:
    price? politic's? or is it to early to plan? or?

ColeTR1
    Guys leave the cruisers at home the lake is to small. No one likes rules but with a little management and some more water in the lake this could be a great event. I would set up a one-direction parade lane for boats to make passes in. Also limit the size of the boats to less then twenty feet. And tell the rock-throwing fishermen to fish from the shore!! Doing this you could have a hundred boats there and it won’t be crowded.

Rick James
    Why they be trowin rocks fo? Biatchs.

dave n
    Sorry to read such negative responses to an event that has been well received by the v-drive community. We had two successful events last year and response to this year's has been just as good. It's a relatively small lake, true, but the location is super convenient and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Since we're well known as a fishing destination, it wouldn't make sense to forbid fishing to accommodate special events, even for one day, especially on the weekend, especially during the summer.
    However, if you are speaking for a majority, this year's event can easily be the last; we just wouldn't schedule for next year.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast