Thread: Boat Parts

Speedin' Ian
    As most of you guys know we are putting together a new boat. Well we got a lot of it done yesterday but we need some crucial parts before we can go on. We are missing two turnbuckles and need all seven plate boses. We also need a mechanical tach and 2in oil presure guage. Anyone out there have a few of these parts laying around?

Moneypitt
    Ian, I don't know exactly which type/brand gauge you need. I assume you're trying to match the rest. However, this is one area that I would buy NEW..... If you need an old type to match in the dash, then at least install a back up gauge on/near the motor. Also, a common idiot light sending unit to a warning light of somesort is a REAL GOOD idea......Now, back to your request, what brand/color/style are you looking for???.......Moneypitt

just a tip, used stuff is great when you can find, but on turnbuckles and plate pads make sure what you buy doesn't have worn out (oblong) loose pin holes.

Speedin' Ian
    Looking for a standard pro-comp guage and any mechanical tach. I have a warning light for the oil presure and water temp laying around in the garage that I might hook-up.
    Thanks for the good advice rex. I may end up buying new, but would rather save the dough.