Thread: Spam - Big block Ford parts for sale

Gonna do this a little differently. I've seen guys get eaten alive by the sharks so I'm going to entertain offers on this stuff by PM only. Any offers posted on this message will be ignored.
    The intake is a Weiand Stealth (no egr). It's has been jethot coated (ceramic). I've run it on my boat for about four years. It's never been ported or gasket matched (never met a grinder). The cost new was $189 and another $124 for the coating. No stripped threads and comes with a set of studs. I'll also leave the anodized adapter for the Bassett T valve. (around $14 I think).
    The carb is a Holley 850 double pumper (zinc finish). No plastic parts like on the newer ones (all metal). It's been run for two seasons and has been setup with extended jets and notched floats in the secondaries. It also has a 2" aluminum spacer and the fuel bar that I'll let go with it ($45 if ya buy one). It does NOT need to be kitted/rebuilt. It came off a perfect (and I mean perfect) running motor. It was supporting approx 500 hp prior to my tunnelram itch. Worked great with a 100 shot of nitrous. This carb was discontinued by Holley last year, but of course all the parts are still available. I paid $400 for it new. Model 4781 if you wanna look it up in a Holley book.
    The scoop is from Rexmarine and is stainless steel. It's got a couple fine hair size scratches in it, but with a little elbow grease I believe they'd come out. I had to keep the spark arrestor for the tunnelram so that wouldn't be included. They sell new for $129 (w/o arrestor).
    Everything is clean and ready to run.
    I've been around the block a time or two and I'm realistic. I know you always take a hit on used parts.
    Here's the deal. PM me with an offer on any one piece, or the whole package. If I can't get what I think they're worth, I'll just keep it.
    If you can use all the $tuff, it'll benefit you to take the whole thing. Know what I mean?
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19carb.jpg
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19intake.jpg
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da..._and_scoop.jpg
    P.S. Notice how I cleaned everything up (unlike ebayers that sell em with a ton of crap stuck to em). That's because I respect the potential buyer.

Nubbs
    $2000 Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm hip nubbs. I've got a sense of humor. Besides..........it bumped it back up top.
    Oh yeah....................A cashiers check would be cool. Where should I send the stuff?

hack job
    dan , the 4781 is not gone they still make it . its great carb i have two 4779 on my boat with some minor changes lol( same style of carb) godd luck and ill see you tomorrow

Hmmn. I was thinking about using two of em on the TR until the deal came around with the 660's included. When I tried to order from both Summit and Jeg's they said "no longer stocked" or some such thing. I assumed that they'd discontinued them.
    You're right about it being a great carb. Other than the HP series, I think it's one of the best 850 dp's out there.
    Going up to the local lake tonight to set float levels, idles and to see how the jetting works out. I'll be at FBC provided everything goes to plan. Might not be much fun trying to tune carbs while floating downriver at 4 mph.
    Here's to hoping everything goes well.

kp216
    I wish I had some spare money so I could buy this stuff from you Squitcha. It sure would come in handy since I've got a line on a running 1970 429 for the boat.

riverbound
    Squirtcha,
    Are these parts still available? I am interested but I was at the river this weekend.