Thread: question for back seat removal in Commander

whitefire
    i have to remove the back seat in my 97 21ft commander for the mechanic to yank the motor. I was wondering what tools i will need or ifthere are any tricks to doing this. Im kind of new to the whole boat thing and the boat is in havasu and im planning a trip just so i can do this. Any help or heads up would be appreciated.

riverbound
    Ususally the back seat is held in by 4to 8 stainless steel screws
    the tools you will need will be a good drill with a screw tip.

Topock Junkie
    Just cut the tie raps. Then peel off the duct tape.

Kachina26
    They didn't use duct tape on the older models, it was still the generic scotch tape back then. Things have improved and they have bumped it up to duct tape as of the 1999 aka 2001 year model.

hboldno7
    Some pics of how they are installed would help. Post some pics if you got em.

DOHARA
    The mechanic should be able to remove the seat's. If he can't I would be concerned about him pulling the motor

LaveyJet
    Originally posted by whitefire
    i have to remove the back seat in my 97 21ft commander for the mechanic to yank the motor. I was wondering what tools i will need or ifthere are any tricks to doing this. Im kind of new to the whole boat thing and the boat is in havasu and im planning a trip just so i can do this. Any help or heads up would be appreciated.
    I used to have a 21' 97 Commander. It's not just the back seat, all of the seating was connected together. If you remove all 5 of the seat cushions, you’ll see a couple dozen screws that need to come out. As I recall there’s a frame fastened to the deck. That doesn’t have to be removed, just remover the seat frame, a big horseshoe shaped dealio containing all the seat backs including the driver and passenger. It will take a couple of guys about a ½ hour of so. Good Luck!

whitefire
    thanks for then help guys..its appreciated