Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burt's at Lake Mead

burtandnancy
    This is Nancy, I sent Burt to Lake Mead today (Thursday, May 13) to check out the lake before Memorial Day and get our boat ready.
    He charted a Cessna 172 for Friday morning, bought a digital camera and will be taking pictures of St. Thomas, Overton, Echo,Long Beach, Hallett Cove, Mid Point, Sandy Cove, Cauville, Lake Mead Marina, and Heminway.
    As he is terrified of flying (I am really surprized he is doing this), he's not sure he'll make it to Temple Bar and Big Sandy or not.
    His next problem will be in posting the pictures, since he is computer challanged, don't hold your breath.
    If he gets help he'll get them posted Sunday afternoon or hopefully by Monday.
    He already reported back that there is a lot of launch ramp work being done around the lake. (Good time with it being so low).
    And the lake is SEVERELY SMOOTH.
    Will keep you posted.

welk2party
    I know last year, I could hardly get my boat off the trailer at most launch ramps.

Havasu Hangin'
    Tell Burt to e-mail the pics to me (after he gets his sea-legs)...and I'll get them up.

ACCEPTENCE
    Hi Nancy,
    Please ask Burt to snap a pic or two of the islands just off Hemmingway.
    I 'm thinkin between bolder beach and the islands, closer to the islands.
    I want to see if the clarifying tank has surfaced yet.
    It was 62 feet below the surface last time I was diving up there.
    As I hear it the lake is pretty low and it should be showing up allready or very soon.
    I can't wait to see all the pics he shots!!!
    Thanks, Greg

BADAXE
    Can't wait to see the pictures. Can you call him and tell him to fly me home some pancakes from The Coffee Cup. Thanks

burtandnancy
    I'm back!. The Scrapbook Queen took the camera to the process store and I'll have pictures and a disc later. Don't know what they will look like, flew 3500' over the entire lake. amazing, lots of new islands where you won't expect them. Lots of new beaches, but don't know the sand/mud/rock quality. Some of the marinas are definetly moved out. It appears from the air, and from talking to a lot of people, the best launching at this time is at Temple Bar. They had just launched a 74 footer with no problem. I'll get back after pictures get here...

Dr. Eagle
    Now that's a boating family... chartering a plane for aireal surveys... wow... I'm very impressed with the dedication!

spectras only
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Now that's a boating family... chartering a plane for aireal surveys... wow... I'm very impressed with the dedication! I'll be leaving for vancouver island in my bud's 33 Donzi at 11 this morning .I'll post pics of beatiful b.c waters just for you guys .

Debbolas
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Now that's a boating family... chartering a plane for aireal surveys... wow... I'm very impressed with the dedication!
    Yeah, how can we possible keep up with the
    "Burt N Nancy's" of the boating world....

rude235
    Originally posted by burtandnancy
    This is Nancy, I sent Burt to Lake Mead today (Thursday, May 13) to check out the lake before Memorial Day and get our boat ready.
    He charted a Cessna 172 for Friday morning, bought a digital camera and will be taking pictures of St. Thomas, Overton, Echo,Long Beach, Hallett Cove, Mid Point, Sandy Cove, Cauville, Lake Mead Marina, and Heminway.
    As he is terrified of flying (I am really surprized he is doing this), he's not sure he'll make it to Temple Bar and Big Sandy or not.
    His next problem will be in posting the pictures, since he is computer challanged, don't hold your breath.
    If he gets help he'll get them posted Sunday afternoon or hopefully by Monday.
    He already reported back that there is a lot of launch ramp work being done around the lake. (Good time with it being so low).
    And the lake is SEVERELY SMOOTH.
    Will keep you posted.
    HOLY $H&T!!!! i think you two just took the "boater's of the year" award...........HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see those pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast