Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what this might cost to fix?

dmontzsta
    It has been on the boat since we bought it, I think the guy left it tied to the dock or something, but is painful to look at now and I need to get around to fixing it after 6 years of ownership...I just dont have an idea on how much money I would need...anyone looking for a side project?
    http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Mi...s/100_0571.jpg http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Mi...s/100_0573.jpg
    http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Mi...s/100_0570.jpg
    It is not cracked through to the other side yet.

Kindsvater Flat
    lots?

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
    lots?
    Like, new boat lots?

hboldno7
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    Like, new boat lots?
    Id run it as is this season and rip it apart in the off season. The resto will give you something to do in the winter.

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by hboldno7
    Id run it as is this season and rip it apart in the off season. The resto will give you something to do in the winter.
    yeah, I definately cant put it down this season, I dont know what I would do with myself. The only thing is, I dont know enough about glass work to do it myself.

hboldno7
    just start a thread about it and all the "ole pros" in here will walk you through it.

dmontzsta
    just start a thread about it and all the "ole pros" in here will walk you through it.
    That sounds like fun...then maybe Billy B can work some magic on the matching the paint. I still need to see him about doing the floor for me. But, you need to have your shit together before going to the man.

hboldno7
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    That sounds like fun...then maybe Billy B can work some magic on the matching the paint. I still need to see him about doing the floor for me. But, you need to have your shit together before going to the man.
    if you dont have your shit together you better have your wallet together. do as much of it you can your self and save a little money for the stuff you are not able to do on your own.

dmontzsta
    if you dont have your shit together you better have your wallet together. do as much of it you can your self and save a little money for the stuff you are not able to do on your own.
    Exactly. I am happy I found this site a year ago, my knowledge has been greatly improved over the time. I know about motors and cars but boats are a completely different beast.

v-drive
    D, my son (Bowtie Omega) in the jet forum has some experiance
    with glass. He also has gotten quite proficient in shooting gel coat. talk to him. That's bad and your right he slammed into something. When I first went to look at my lavey it was perfect.
    When I went to pick it up it had a crack in the same place. The guy had a very steep driveway and when he was moving the boat it got away from him and hit the corner of his block wall.
    It has to come all the way down and be reglassed and then new gel shot on. Learn now and practice with pieces at home so that when November hits you have a plan. Oh and ask him where he got his supplies as he went to the place where both Todd and HB go. He said that they were very helpfull v-drive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast