Thread: Burley race dates.

Snowboat
    My middle son wants me to take him to the races. We went in '99 and it was the best. He needs to schedule some time off in advance. Does anyone know the exact dates? Can I drag my boat up there and play in the water, outside of the race dates? Can I camp in the field, rather than motel it?

Snowboat
    I've come up with the last weekend in June, from Moneypit. How about the rest?

uclahater
    Originally posted by Snowboat
    I've come up with the last weekend in June, from Moneypit. How about the rest?
    They let people camp in Motorhomes right next to the cource. I went a few years back and it was packed with tent campers and motorhomes. I dont know who you would contact. You might try RosstheBoss hes in charge of SCSC. he left his email address on a post he started last week. Hope this helps

circleboatKIDD
    Burley Dates are June 25 26-27 thats the dates I got my schedule from the SSRA

Moneypitt
    Ken, there is a campground right over the bridge by the race course. If you want info about it either post it here or Pm me and I'll get all the details from my daughter... That will be were we're staying, although Mike may stay in the pits in his trailer.. Kinda up in the air right now...... We use to stay,(camp) at the fairgrounds, but the city has a bunch of const. equiptment stored there................... Still need (1) long blue crowler tube!!
    Moneypitt

Snowboat
    Moneypitt, I'd like some more info about camping and whether or not I can bring a boat up there. I can stay a few days before, or after, and would like to take one of the sons for a cruise. Is the river deep enough to do that?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Originally posted by Snowboat
    Moneypitt, I'd like some more info about camping and whether or not I can bring a boat up there. I can stay a few days before, or after, and would like to take one of the sons for a cruise. Is the river deep enough to do that?
    Ken,
    The idahoregatta web site seems to be down right now. I don't have any camping info but, there are plenty of places to run your boat, ski or whatever.
    The high elevation makes for cold water but that doesn't keep the locals out. The main man in charge is Jack Bell. Jacks works at Goode motors in Burley.
    Rosstheboss has nothing to do with this race.
    Hope to see you there.

Moneypitt
    Ken, here's the poop.......
    Heyburn Riverside RV Park
    (208) 679-8158....(Debbie)
    $ 23.00 per night
    Small trees, very little shade, no kiddie areas..etc.
    We have #s 27/28
    And yes there is plenty of water in the area for your boat rides, you can launch at the race site after the days races are over.....
    Ray