Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Hot Boat Magazine

Essex502
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    It may only be me but it seems lately that new issues of your magazine are starting to "forget" to list the price of boats you review. I don't mean the private owner's boats but the ones supplied by the builders. This latest issue on the boats you tested in Miami include a few "fishing boats" that are not traditionally catagorized as "hot boats" but oh well...they may be to the fishing crowd. But in that review "set" several of the boats only had a "base price" not an "as tested" price. The base price is somewhat meaningless if the base price's configuration is not the configuration you are testing...i.e. comes standard with a 6.2 Mercruiser and you tested a 575SCI powered version. Also, several boats had no pricing information at all. I believe I am seeing this more often from you and I think the pricing is a great service to your loyal readers who use this information to judge the relative merits of the boats reviewed against each other. You do us a disservice by overtly eliminating the pricing. While I know that the prices may be 3 months out of date by the time the magazine is printed and dellivered but everything is relative, right?
    Please, in the future, put pricing of every "boat test" that you do of a builder supplied boat. Private individuals who you contact directly as a feature don't need this but the builder supplied craft do.

GlastronGuy
    Hot Boat has a magazine?

HighRoller
    It's no secret why they don't put prices in. Can you say "Sticker Shock"?

Kilrtoy
    Because they cost way too damn much to begin with,
    kinda like gas right now

1stepcloser
    Maybe they figure that we, as a collective group, live by the old adage, "if you have to ask, you probably cant afford it."
    Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger. It's the american way.

TrojanDan
    Originally posted by GlastronGuy
    Hot Boat has a magazine?
    No shit! The Fockers stopped sending me mine at the beginning of the year. I did get there 1980's t-shirt though.

HighRoller
    They were doing so well for a while and now they're back to garbage again. Who in their readership is going to buy a fishing boat with 5 outboards on it? The whole miami Boat Show thing is a joke, probably done just so they can suck up to the boat companies and get to drive some expensive boats. Yeah, there's a lot of readers who can shell out 600K for a new nor-Tech. And how can we make an informed decision about which cat to buy when they all come with different engine packages. Why don't they get the ten cats they want and specify each is to come rigged with an HP525. That way we can REALLY see whose boat is fastest and best handling etc...Unfortunately the boat companies would never go for that because they couldn't hide behind a big blower anymore.

CA Stu
    Sorry bro, I disagree about the Miami Boat Show. I liked the center consoles!
    As far as listing the price "as tested", I reckon nothing's set in stone at that level, is it.
    There are probably quite a load of variables in there, and I can understand why a manufacturer may not want to include an "as tested" price. It would be like comparing apples to oranges, and they could scare off some customers.
    I'd like to think if someone was going to spend that amount of money on a performance boat, they'd do their homework, and price wouldn't be the ultimate deciding factor in a purchase...
    I have enjoyed deep sea fishing for a long time, and if/when I get my hands on a Fountain, I'd enjoy it 60 miles off San Diego as much as at the lake.
    They're fast!
    And cool!
    Of course, what do I know?
    Thanks
    CA Stu <-- Hot Boat Subscriber

goneboatin
    Fishing boats are gay!
    Especially in HOT BOAT Magazine.

Ivan Dan
    I kept thinking when I read the latest issue that this is turning into FISHING BOAT MAGAZINE instead of HOT BOAT MAGAZINE.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast