Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti syphon valves

gnarley
    Do any of you leave the anti syphon valve in your fuel tanks? Did you remove your's? If so why?

Blown 472
    gnarley:
    Do any of you leave the anti syphon valve in your fuel tanks? Did you remove your's? If so why? Took it out as it was a major resritction. If tha damn thing catches fire, swim to shore and call tha insurance man.

hoolign
    How do these work?

gnarley
    Typically they are the last fitting that exits the tank from the fuel pickup. It looks on the outside like a std fitting, BUT when removed & on closer inspection when you look at the entrance side of the fittings it looks like there is a ball bearing in the ID of the fitting that seals the ID from flowing. It totally looks like it WILL restrict the fuel flow. I am removing mine & either want to upgrade the flow by installing a std nipple or see if I can get a higher flow anti syphon valve to replace the smaller one. If not I may just need to install a manual ball valve to shut down fuel supply if needed & hope to hell I never have the need.
    What could really cause me to need an anti syphon valve anyway? The lines would need to be cut below the tank & how in the world would that happen?

hoolign
    I wish i would have known about these things 2
    years ago!my fuel hose sprung a leak in a corner before the fuel pump...was'nt pretty
    thanx for the explanation

gnarley
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by hoolign:
    I wish i would have known about these things 2 years ago!my fuel hose sprung a leak in a corner before the fuel pump...was'nt pretty
    thanx for the explanation

Did your boat cook? Do you inspect all your fuel lines every year?

mike37
    anti syphon valve in your fuel tanks
    would be to keep fuel from syphoning out of you carb or fuel system back to your tank
    it would not stop fuel from syphoning out of the tank

hoolign
    Did your boat cook? Do you inspect all your fuel lines every year? [/QB][/QUOTE]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/433F1150013-med.jpg[/img]
    I do now!

gnarley
    mike37:
    would be to keep fuel from syphoning out of you carb or fuel system back to your tank
    it would not stop fuel from syphoning out of the tank OK great! But really what good is that going to do? If you think about it, it would ONLY work in that direction. If worked the other way you couldn't flow fuel to the engine! So why would you worry about fuel returning back to the tank?

HalletDave
    Originally posted by mike37:
    it would not stop fuel from syphoning out of the tank Wouldn't the pressure from having fuel in the tank prevent this from happening (connection @ the bootom portion of the tank)? How does it siphon past the fuel pump providing the diaphragm is in good condition? Isn't that why we set up our carbs to proper float levels? Am I missing something here, or just out in the cat tails? Not trying to stir it up or piss anyone off.
    HD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast