Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Procharging HP500EFI in Ultra 247XS

NashvilleBound
    I own a 2001 Ultra 247XS. I have all the high end options already....I would like to put a Vortech system on it too. But would like to know any info, good and bad, from the readers and pros. I have a very reliable pro shop thats going to do the work. I am going 85 now and would like to know best case for the finished product. Pictures? Articles? Thanks, Jeff

rivercrazy
    Yikes. How much faster do you want to go in that rig? That's movin. As far as I know, Whipple has the best system for that motor. Check them out while your learning about the Pro-Charger.

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Originally posted by NashvilleBound:
    I own a 2001 Ultra 247XS. I have all the high end options already....I would like to put a Vortech system on it too. But would like to know any info, good and bad, from the readers and pros. I have a very reliable pro shop thats going to do the work. I am going 85 now and would like to know best case for the finished product. Pictures? Articles? Thanks, Jeff
    Now that is smoking!!! That is one of the most efficient hulls I've seen yet. What did Ultra28 or Froggystyle have to say? You should email them seeing that they are the source of all things Ultra http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

froggystyle
    I suspect as a finished result, it will be faster! Do you have a drive in place that is up to the added horsepower you will be applying? The pro-charger is designed to work well with your motor, so that should be no drama if installed correctly. I don't know of a faster 247 than what you will be building, but I have confidence in the hull. Just make sure you check off all of the safety boxes, and take any ventures past what is already proven safe (speed wise) very carefully, and without other boaters to interfere with your testing, or put at risk.
    Good luck on the endeavor, and I would love to put some pictures of your ride on the website if you wish to e-mail them to the webmaster at webmaster@ultraboats.com
    Have a blast!

NashvilleBound
    Froggystyle:
    I have the Merc racing XZ drive that should handle the added HP. Speaking of safety I already have WPM's external steering, and Dana's Off shore Tabs. Though it looks like I am gonna have to get a new speedo.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    I am having the entire system installed by a racing distributor that I have full confidence in.
    I will send pics as soon as I can... most are off digital movie camera so I will try to get crystal clear ones.
    Jeff

rivercrazy
    Post some pics of you boat when you get a chance

25 Eagle
    Nashville...is that 85mph on a GPS? Sounds high for what you have.

NashvilleBound
    I have not had a chance for a radar run yet...I look forward to it. Even if its off a little, I am sure its 82+...

Ithyn
    http://www.ultraboats.com/ultra/html...ph%20Pass1.jpg
    Here is a picture of the boat. A little fuzzy but you get the idea.
    Here is a link to three other pictures of the boat
    http://www.ultraboats.com/ultra/html...one/index2.htm
    [This message has been edited by Ithyn (edited December 19, 2001).]

racingrascal
    Nice looking boat, like the paint sceem!
    Andy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast