Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enderle info.

full throttle
    Anyone know if its possible to run a bird set-up off an Aeromotive type fuel pump, rather than a mechanical set-up? Also need input on all around driveability. I know J540 has had success w/his enderle, anyone else? Whats the big difference between the bug & bird? Thx in advance.

Infomaniac
    There are several companies doing that. It has to be a complete EFI conversion.

revndave
    I COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK.IT WOULD RUN TOO RICH AT IDLE.I RAN CAM DRIVEN PUMP ON MY JET FOR 2 YEARS.IT WAS A LAKE BOAT ONLY.BIRD IS BIGGER THAN A BUG.

bigkatboat
    Mechanical FI needs the 'pump speed' to go faster and slower in a relationship (relationship = FI flow/ set up) with the crankshaft speed. The constant speed of an electric pump will not work with mechanical FI. Bug, Bird, Vulture, and Barn Door (cast aluminum hats) The Birdcatcher is (aprox.) 3300 CFM @ 7" vacuum.(1/2 an atmosphere) Hope you have a 500plus CI motor or are driving your blower OVER. You can run a small motor with a BIG blower and use the Bird, but you can't run a small blower (low boost) on a small motor with it. Small is under 500", and small is 10/71.

Petrofied
    Originally posted by full throttle
    Anyone know if its possible to run a bird set-up off an Aeromotive type fuel pump, rather than a mechanical set-up? Also need input on all around driveability. I know J540 has had success w/his enderle, anyone else? Whats the big difference between the bug & bird? Thx in advance. I run a bird, Petrofied is a 468 ci Chevy. The blower is driven 1 to 1 (Straight-Up). I have found backing the noz size down to 30's and running a main jet ( High speed by-pass) and an Idle by-pass I have very good driveability, the wife and I cruise 20+ miles at a time on the river. Hell :devil: My plugs look like they came out of a carb motor. I have 3 main jets I use 116, 120, 124, Two weeks ago I ran all weekend @ yuma on a 116 (boat is turn key) Has been for 4 years. I have convinced a friend of mine Moneysucker to go blown Injected. He was sold day 1 like myself and is also turn key. He has an older hat but I converted it with the by-pass and light idle check, It had 33 noz. backed them down set the barrel valve Wha-la. Moneysucker is a 468 with a bird 10% underdriven. I can't thank Jim @ Enderle enough great product, Great people.
    MR.P.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...petro5-med.JPG

Petrofied
    Another pix, Boat runs 112.9 mph. 10-12 lbs boost. This pass was radared @ 95mph. (Note no jacket) I did'nt mean to run even 95 What a bitch session I got from friends and family! Ops All was ok. Here's the pix.
    MR.P.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rofied_95_.jpg

Petrofied
    Petrofied @ cruise mode. It will cruise till its outta gas... Gotta love that! Everyone told me I was crazy and it would never work on the river HA! Who's laughing now!
    MR.P.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t_Yuma-med.jpg

full throttle
    Petrofied, Thx, for all the great info. You've sealed the deal for me. I'm gonna get my boat all togather with the carb set-up I have now, and start collecting the injection parts I need for an off season change-over. Thx again.

Infomaniac
    I run my alcohol Bird at the lake at least once and sometimes twice per week.
    The boat holds 29 gallons. I xfer the alcohol from the side tanks to the "T" tank with a Holley pump.
    Works great for me.

Fiat48
    Petrofied:
    Are you using the Aeromotive type fuel pump that Full Throttle was asking about? You're tune up sounds like using a mechanical 80a pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast