Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Max enforcement on Lake Mohave...

HighRoller
    Anyone going to Lake Mohave this weekend be prepared.The AZ Dept of fish&game is teaming up with the Bullhead City Police Dept on Lake Mohave this weekend.Apparently they are going to have several"checkpoints"where they will be conducting safety and sobriety inspections.I would guess the inspection points would be at places like Telephone cove,Gasoline Alley and Katherine's landing.Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up so you can get your ducks in a row.

hd&boatrider
    HighRoller:
    Anyone going to Lake Mohave this weekend be prepared.The AZ Dept of fish&game is teaming up with the Bullhead City Police Dept on Lake Mohave this weekend.Apparently they are going to have several"checkpoints"where they will be conducting safety and sobriety inspections.I would guess the inspection points would be at places like Telephone cove,Gasoline Alley and Katherine's landing.Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up so you can get your ducks in a row. Thanks HR for the heads up. I know I appreciate it. Was that in the paper out there? If so what paper?

GlastronGuy
    Sounds good. It ought to make the water safer for everyone.

Free Agent
    The first thing that draws their attention, and has for decades, is make sure to have your registration sticker on your hull.
    If you are AZ even the Calif cops will write you, if you are Nev or Cali,, the AZ cops will still write you
    This has been going on this time of year as long as I can remember.
    - The Turbos
    "Loose Your Head and Your Ass Will Soon Follow"
    [ May 14, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

HighRoller
    Heard it on the local radio station.I'd have to say the biggest thing they get people for is life vests.You have to have an adequate number of APPROVED life vests plus one throwable flotation device.They might also check for a flame arrestor and of course they'll probably want to check for alcohol impairment.

hd&boatrider
    HighRoller:
    Heard it on the local radio station.I'd have to say the biggest thing they get people for is life vests.You have to have an adequate number of APPROVED life vests plus one throwable flotation device.They might also check for a flame arrestor and of course they'll probably want to check for alcohol impairment. Plus I think you also need an airhorn or a whistle.

Essex502
    How 'bout a fire extinguisher?
    Seriously...If my cooler is empty I am "alcohol impaired" - not enough, that is.

Powerquestboy
    I got nailed at Katherine’s landing last year when they were doing this, they had cops on jet ski’s and they pulled everyone over to the dock to get checked out. We had good registration, correct number of life vests, they checked our Fire extinguisher to make sure it was good and or had been serviced recently. They nailed us for not having a throw-able. They also got us for not having a “kids” life vest on a 12 year old in the boat, they said the one he was wearing was too big. Luckily they cut us a little slack since we were helping out with a Boy Scout retreat. I told the lady that most of the time 24 and 25 year old guys don’t have kids on the boat and therefore don’t carry kid’s life vests. Those guys were serious, they had a houseboat that they were taking people into and arresting them, doing field sobriety tests. It was amazing they were pulling people off their boats and putting them in hand cuffs faster than you could believe. The thing that was the worst is there was no way of avoiding them, good registration, bad registration, it didn’t matter. If you were coming into the marina you got pulled over.

Boozer
    How the heck do you go boating and NOT drink lots of Beer?
    There are 2 things I NEVER go on the water without. Beer and condoms.
    I have vests in the boat but never knew you needed a throwable flotation device. Thats pretty good to know.
    Sounds like a money making gimmick to me.

Chase
    Well Boozer, lets be creative, you probably have a dock line on board right, and the condoms----well blow one up, tie it with the rope and throw it to the person overboard.....you have spend no money other than your neccesities...
    idea

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast