Thread: Fuel Line?

WriedtStuff
    I need to replace my fuel line all the way from the tank to the engine...what should I use? What size? Running to a BBF with single Holley.
    Thanks

AgentX85239
    I just did the same thing (with a BBC and a single carb) using 3/8" rubber marine grade fuel line. Not sure what to use if running steel braided lines though.

agood
    Where'd you buy it?

Boater Bill
    Most people will recommend 3/8" line, some will say 1/2". AN equivalents w/b #6 and #8 I believe. I've found pushlock hose to be a nice compromise to braided steel line. Russell makes it in blue, Aeroquip makes it in blue or black.

spectratoad
    I just did my BBF yesterday. I used 3/8" to single Holley, I used regular auto though. Seems to have worked fine for the last 12 years I and my friend I bought it from have owned it. I always do check the hose though for cracks etc... it is all out in the open to see easily.

superdave013
    If I was going to do one from scratch I'ed use -8 (1/2") from the tank to the pump. Then you could go -6 or 8 to the regulator. From the regulator to the carb -6 will be fine.
    Now is also the time to look at your pick up tube in your fuel tank. Some of them are way to small. Also make sure it's not to close to the bottom of the tank.

AgentX85239
    I bought mine at rex marine, local for me. Do braided lines ever need to be replaced?