Thread: Taylor or not

Tn_River_Ratt
    Can someone help withe the identity of this hull?

Back Forty
    There were two of something Taylor just like that at our Ceasers Creek meet last year. One was an I/O with a 350 and the other was a sleeper Jet with some nasty Big chevy type plant. I can only say that the jet was an a$$ kicker and the I/O would do somewhere between 55 and 60 with two people. running next to us. I'm pretty sure the guy with the jet is on these boards.

Have any other shots of it? One of the ddeck would help. Here's a link to the 20LP
    20LP (http://www.roostwear.com/br/taybr7.jpg)

BLUBYU
    It looks like a copy or splash of the Taylor LP. I'm sure there are people that know the correct facts on this but at one time there was the original Taylor mold and a couple of splashes around Oklahoma. I don't know who ended up with what mold but you can still get that boat around here but I think they call it a Condor now. Wyatt's Performance would build them for you at one time and I think there was another set of molds at JBE(Jet Boat Engineering) at Lake Tenkiller....

Jetpilot
    That is definitely a 20' Taylor LP. My sister had one and a friend of mine is selling his bowrider version of that. Nice boats. The rails on the deck are not what Taylor put on his boats because he didnt believe in adding alot of stuff to the decks. He preferred to build them with clean looking lines. Check out the links page at www.jetboatzone.com to look at some of Taylor's sales literature on that boat and some others that Taylor made.

Tn_River_Ratt
    Thanks for the info.
    Mud duck........thanks for the info.....I hate the rails too, but they will stay until this coming winter when I'm redoing the top and bottom. Get this......I bought the boat from an older guy that had a trolling motor and fishing seats on it. Lmao........what a way to use such a good boat.

manuel
    Great looking boat !, nice lines and size, looks bigger without all the do-dads breaking up the shape, without a swim platform you might want to keep the rails to make climbing back in easier if you like to swim, especially if you've got kids,