Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Jet

AmericanThunder1
    OK I have read all the threads on all the fun trips that everybody goes on Unfortunately I live too far away to join in on the fun . So I am looking for any fellow jetboaters that live in the Kansas city area. I am planning a weekend out memorial weekend and would like to see if I can find and hook up with some new jetboatin friends.

Jet Hydro
    We all be down south of ya

Jake W
    I live out side of KC.We go to the Lake of the Ozarkes.But I sold my finished boat over the winter and started a new one and it probely wont be done untill mid summer.Where do you guys boat at?And what kind of jetboat do you have?
    Jake

wrightnow
    Jake, any pic's of your project?

AmericanThunder1
    Jet Hydro, wheres down south and what lake do you go to? Jake W, I usully go to perry lake or the river north of St. Joe. I was thinking of going to smithville lake but not sure yet. I would like to go to lake of the ozarks but I was afraid I would get swamped by the big 30+ ft boats down there. I have a 18 ft Regatta with a fresh .30 over 460 bbf. Any idea where you guys are going for memorial weekend yet?

Jake W
    Yea thear are some in the image center if you look up gullwing.It is the black and yellow one.My name in the imagecenter is 77bubbledeck.
    I got he gell and a new SATA Gell gun from thr big brown truck last thursday .And it is about 1/4 sanded is is going back all black ecept where the two stripes are down the side and they will be tangorine orange and a med grey color and I am thinking really hard about putting the flake in the two side stripes kinda old school like but moderen.Seats will be race bucks with grey tweed I have all ready made the rail kit for thr FORD,and the pump is detailed by MPD ect .It will have a center 10 gallon T IMCO tank.the motor for now is the weak part stock compresion comp cam msd ing,dis 6al box.Victor intake Biggs carb with 100 shot of nitrous fo now .Thinking of doing a mecanical injection .I have all the parts just need to get busy.
    Jake

wrightnow
    Jake, sound like good i like the color schem keep us posted with your progress I would love to see pic's... and I will keep you posted on my progress....
    Mark

Jake W
    American thunder.We will be at the 79 mile marker or Turkey creek my fauther in law owns a lake house thear.
    The water in this area is great for jets.On the big week ends thear is alot of trafic but most other week ends it is all most like galss.On a sunday after noon it is like its your own lake.You all most get board.
    But do beware of the 3 big weekends Memorial day,4 of July,Labor day.I do not think you would get swamped but it is no fun driving a 18 foot jet in it.
    Now down at the other end of the river like 50 mile marker down to the dam I would not want to be in a 25 foot boat much less an 18.
    Jake

AmericanThunder1
    I dont think I will make it to the ozarks this time but maybe we can meet up somewhere closer some time thanks for the input and keep in touch. Americanthunder1@earthlink.net
    I need to get some sleep look forward to talking with you guys tomarrow.

Jet Hydro
    Cheney lake is where we mostly hang out. Only 20 miles from the shop so it`s like in my back yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast