Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about credit and charge offs?????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok heres the deal I have a charge off on my credit. As of feburary 12th 2004 it has now been 7 years. i have been told that they come off after 7 years. Is this true? The reason I am asking is because some rude ass company keeps calling me and harrassing me One lady told me that she will keep calling me until I pay. I told her I wont pay and I want her to stop calling me. She then told me that she will continue to call untill I pay. Can they do this? I am ready to drive to wherever they are located and beat someones ass. I could careless about the charge off. I have perfect credit and the charge off never stopped me from getting cars,jetski's,etc. Could someone help a brotha out. This is pissing me off

al cole'holic
    That was the way I assumed it worked after 7 years, but someone once told me that as long as the debt continued to be sold off year after year you would not see the end...??

welk2party
    The statue of limitations for collecting has expired. She is breaking the law by calling you. Just laugh at her and if she continues tell her you want the name and phone number of their legal department so you know where to send the lawsuit.
    The debt is totally uncollectable. The credit bureaus should remove it as well. email me if you have further questions.

Ntwotrance
    and call the cops, she's stepping way over the line.

BoatFloating
    The 7 years is to it falls off your credit report. They can bug you as much as they want just to see if you'll pay. You are no longer obligated to pay them a dime after a year they gave up their legal right to sue you for the money and at that time they ding your credit for 7 years. So tell her you know the law and she is SOL. Just mention the Fair Credit Reporting Act and that she is now harassing you and that should do the trick...

mike37
    what the hell is a charge off

Debbolas
    Or the Better Business Bureau
    You need to contact the credit companies to get that removed from your account if it has been 7 years.
    Just call or write a letter, you can challenge anything on your credit report. The bad part is, if it is accurate, your letter or phone call will just validate it.
    (I use to do credit repair work)

GlastronGuy
    Once you tell them not to call you anymore it is illegal for them to do so.

Debbolas
    no, really?

FRENCHIE
    i would say Debbolas might be the expert in this dept!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast