'Sup all? Kinda new here and just noticed that there was a stereo forum here. Saaweeet.
I just acquired a 24 Cheetah and it has the very basic stereo set-up from the factory. AM/FM CD with only two 6.5's(unamplified) under the rear bench firing forward......Sooooo Weak!!!!!!! Might as well have a gaud damn boom box in my lap or a friggin Walkman. Oh wait, either of those would be better. Damn-it!
I'm thinking of putting 12's under the deck in front of the driver/passenger seats(sooo much room), replacing the 6.5's with 6x9's and adding 2 more 6x9's under legs in the open bow. Should I also add a pair of 6x9's in the side panels of the main cabin area to help with loudness? Any recommendations on equipment that won't break the bank?...considering I just blew my wad on the boat, can't justify high end equip to the wife and need to keep this purchase well under the radar.
Also, would I NEED to add a 3rd battery & how would that mate up with the two I've got right now on a "1/BOTH/2" switch? New switch?
Thanks!