Thread: I saw my first boat yesterday

GunninGopher
    Some dude had just bought it from who knows who and it looked like shit. I could have talked to him for an hour about it but he had to leave. It kind of made me sad to see it. Fukin depressed me, actually, thinking about all that I put into it, how stoked I was to have my own boat when I bought it, how cool it was compared to what most of my friends had, since we all came from some broke families. I bought the boat instead of a truck and kept driving around in a shitty van because I had to keep fixing it!! It kind of made me think about how people can get attached to an animal and sell it, only to find out it was abused by a later owner.
    It looked and ran 5x better when I sold it than when I bought it, but it had fell on some hard times since. The metal flake was gone, The upholstry was a disgrace, and was 1 or 2 years away from needing to be replaced when I sold it, and it still hadn't been done 6 years later. I wish I hadn't have sold it to that punk in Oceaside now, but I had a kid on the way and I didn't think my wife was going to let him on it. We bought a pontoon for while the kids were little, but now we're in a daycruiser and they'll have the similar memories to what the wife and I did growing up.
    I sure learned a lot in the 8 years I had that boat. I hope that, at least, these later owners learned a lesson or two, also.

breezeblocker
    sad story, still have my first boat. probably won't sell anytime soon. sorry to hear :cry:

riverbound
    I just sold my first boat....but I know the new onwer will take care of it and has already done quite a few improvements to it. Hopefully when the time comes that they want to sell it, I will be in a position to buy it back. I sometimes regret selling it. especially with all the memories on that boat.

wright27
    I have had many of boats, but the one I have now is the first one I have built on my own, I could not imagine someone destroying all of my work. That sucks.

dmontzsta
    That totally sucks, I feel your pain.

Squirtin Thunder
    That totally sucks, I feel your pain.
    Don, Have you seen the boat lately ???
    Man that guy was a hack.

dmontzsta
    Don, Have you seen the boat lately ???
    Man that guy was a hack.
    No, I talked to him not too long ago. He still thinks it is a race boat and plans to built a blower motor or a bigger motor. The rags for gas caps just kill me.