Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amplifiers, which is best?

riverbound
    I'm a big fan of rockford amps and use them in most of the boat systems we do. The older amps did have problems getting too hot but the new stuff is much better.

mbrown2
    Doogie, I am designing another system right now and have not ruled RF's out, but I am still leaning towards the new PG Xenon series....Your system sounds pretty trick....I would like to hear it one of these days..

riverbound
    mbrown,
    did you pull the trigger on that wakeboard boat?

mbrown2
    Originally posted by riverbound
    mbrown,
    did you pull the trigger on that wakeboard boat?
    Looking at some boats tomorrow...still deciding between three brands...hopefully within a couple of weeks after I drive them...

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Doogie, I am designing another system right now and have not ruled RF's out, but I am still leaning towards the new PG Xenon series....Your system sounds pretty trick....I would like to hear it one of these days..
    Is it because the footprint on the new amps are too big or is it the heat? You might also take a look at the newer JBL PX and BPX series amps. They were designed by JBL/Crown. Lots of great features, built like a tank, run cool, and priced right

mbrown2
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    Is it because the footprint on the new amps are too big or is it the heat? You might also take a look at the newer JBL PX and BPX series amps. They were designed by JBL/Crown. Lots of great features, built like a tank, run cool, and priced right
    In the DCB it is because of footprint....however, since I have been leaving the hatch barely cracked on 105+ days....they have not thermo'd at higher levels....the RF's are working pretty good at this point...the other system I am looking at is for another boat...

MRS FLYIN VEE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345