Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pro charger whi hp so low?

dallas
    i have a 500 hp efi i was told by the tech line at procharger on a m-1 with 5 lbs to expect 690 to 740 in hp depends on gas weather ect the problem is im at 6.5 lbs of boost and top at 650 hp. on top of this i had to buy bigger injectors =870.00 that was never mentioned, any where from pro charger. and i have 1 cylinder that is over heating. i spoke to the guy who is re mapping thr ecm and doing thr dyno work he basically says prochrger lies about the hp they put out what so you think?

James'SS-24
    Shoulda bought a Whipple!

dallas
    thanks that made me feel alot better! i wish i wouldnt of done any thing!

James'SS-24
    Dallas, Can you get a refund? That's the reason I went with Whipple...too many horror stories about Procharger and efi engines. The whipple system has performed way beyond expectations and promises!

MAXIMUS
    Dallas I feel for ya bro... MY buddy has a 540 with a pro charger & so far it runs better with it disconnected & more timing! I believe if you want a huffer then just get a real one! I know this is the last thing you want to hear but I wouldn't take one for free! frown
    [ May 26, 2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: MAXIMUS ]

purple profile
    Get a pontoon boat its something that you may be able to handle.

502procharger
    I have to wonder why it works so well on both my 502 and my 540. Is it because it is a carb version? I have no experience with efi procharger setups, but have been very happy with the performance of both of my BBC with the carbed procharger setup. I will post cyno numbers on my new motor soon.

James'SS-24
    Hey 502, when I was doing my research on these things I found out efi setups need to have someone that really knows what's going on with the ecu to be able to make the thing run right. As I understand it, carb setups do OK with the procharger because they are easier to setup.
    Hey Dallas, maybe it would be cheaper to change it over to a carb setup.
    [ May 26, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: James'SS-24 ]

PlayTime
    The Rods also have a procharger. They have a 454. Beside a shaky start after the install everything seems to be running fine for them and they seem very happy with it. However I dont know of anyone running that on an EFI so dont have much info there for you to compare it too.

26 QUEST
    pig_flyi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast